Notices

Finding what works

Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

mon~fri, when everybody is working away,is just fine..Can restrain good...Sat/sun 2 really tough days...Hope to handle these days..Prob need to come on here an cry help now and then...I folded last sat night..And know again will be dealt the same..And think until i can handle these craving/temptations..And come through em, will never crack this properly..I agree with the above comment Alcohol is a sympton of an underlying problem, Escape from Reality...underlying mental obsession i inherited from my Alcoholic father no doubt! respect to all doin there own way/thing..for now AA Aint for me..Thanks all.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by crispringles View Post

To sum it up: I HAD to be in AA at the beginning, but even as I drifted from the program, some of the stepwork I found to be critical for the psychic overhaul I had to face (and now maintain daily).
Interesting statement.

I think a lot of people think you are ' in AA' because they go to meetings.

The AA program of recovery is a way of life. It sounds as if you are doing that.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
. Started re working the steps, And just thrown myself back inro an actual "program" again. And guess what, I'm half way through my 2nd month sober now and feeling great.

You don't say ?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Dear Kerbcrawler,
respectfully have you tried AA?
I tried my own way as well - SR,church,measuring drinks,changing drinks,staying away from slippery places etc... but could not stay sober. Never felt i fitted into AA as thought "i was different". This time round, DESPERATE to stay sober and have started to embrace program and even looking forward to meetings! what 180 deg turnaround that is for me!
kind regards
Julia
Old 03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Fragrantose..Congrats on 15 days..You must be starting to feel good in mind and body...this is me back on 5 days..The ships steady and headin a new sober course...Im Learnin all the time if one thing dont work i,ll try somethin new..If i Know were im heading to get too, and i run into turbulance or a storm...Instead of turnin back this time to a safe familiar harbour bar...and waitin for it too pass over a few drinks...Am gonna just go through it, be strong an come through the other side..Never resting my guard with complacency/distraction...Keepin an eye on that Freak wave that could turn me over again...thats the plan.. Vigilance,strength in resolve to stay sober...Bold words put myself on the block now..With a lot to live up too keep the good work up...
Old 03-19-2010, 12:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

I still battle cravings and just tooo weary after hard work day to go out to meeting (scared though that might get complacent).
Getting through cravings by choc icecream,pelligrini water,and coming here.
hope everyone is still hanging in there fighting this demon drink!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

kerb crawler forgot to say