Notices

Alone on a Saturday

Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone on a Saturday

With a little over two years. I'm feeling that general crappyness, it's cold and raining outside and there's a ton of work here to do. I keep wanting that 12 pack on Molsen XXX. "Just for the weekend" I'm telling myself. It would be like crappyness be gone and screw around here cleaning things up and then go back to work on Monday.

So I know it's a bad idea. Guess that's why I just signed up here. Haven't seen a meeting in a few month too. it's occurring to me now a hug would be a good thing but there ain't no one around here to snuggle with.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gold Member

((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 03-13-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR and to our Alcoholism Forum....

Sorry to be late in replying....I went to an AA meeting
stayed for our GC....joined others for coffee later
and Yes....it was raining here too....

Congratulations on your sober years
Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's about five hours later now and I haven't left the house, so I've still got two years and some. Been busy making my home nicer. I've learned it's always good to just do something to distract the will. Playing some music on the stereo helps too. I was supposed to pick up my son this morning to spend the day with him but blew it off after waking up late. Mean, I know. But I've been in a weird funk today. The ex has distanced herself lately and there went those hugs. But it's really for the better. I won't move on if there's that "good old situation" to fall back into. And we're different animals. So I live alone and miss the combined results of real friend / lover.

Gratitude I guess. I've got just enough money to keep comfortable. Got tools and toys. I know how to cook for myself.

Just need people. I should make an appearance at a meeting. It is that time of the day.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There's a good one in Phoenicia tonight. I think I know what to do.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by unjuicedevo View Post
Just need people. I should make an appearance at a meeting. It is that time of the day.
You know you will get a hug at a meeting and feel a whole lot better after. I hope you get there.

Welcome to SR.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I can feel like that too. Winter seems 12 weeks too long. It's hard to force one's slf to hit a meeting.

When, I get feeling goony I do call up people in AA just to stay in touch even if, I don't go to a meeting. The first few years were tough. Gets a lot easier the longer you're sober though
Old 03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Got there fashionably late halfway through the speaker's story. The weather got freaggin' NASTY for a few miles. Several inches of unploughed freezing rain really had me considering darker alternatives. Been a long time since I recited the serenity prayer. And many thought I was the newcomer. All as well as I was handed a much more current meeting list with fresh phone numbers added.

And I think I'm really going to be liking this board. I find it so difficult during and after meetings to discuss my ****. And there's lots of it.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks. I do know these things but I get afraid sometimes that I'll be an *******. I don't want that of course. He 9 years old and I only see him once a week. The relationship is really good and I wish he was here more. I'm now also afraid how I'm going to explain the no show and no communication. I have some excuses but they don't cover the basic fact that I really failed my family today. I'm projecting the current attitude my ex has now and wondering how to approach that. As far as sobriety it was one of those rocky days that I have from time to time. But I got my ass to a meeting too so screw it what more can I really ask of myself?

It is due time though that I think I call my family law lawyer and initiate the divorce and custody crap. There needs to be more accountability here. Likewise I haven't heard anything from her today. So it's more than me that's got work to do.

Anyhow it's freakin late now and I need to go to bed. I'm planning to get my taxes done tomorrow. And I really need to right the wrong of today. Or at least confront it.

Again I'm greatfull to have signed up here. Me not liking the phone and all.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepcominback View Post
Admit you were wrong, tell the truth, ask for forgiveness, express your love.

You get to make your amends and go forward.

From How it works:

If we are sorry for what we have done, and have the honest desire to let God take us to better things, we believe we will be forgiven and will have learned our lesson.

If we are not sorry, and our conduct continues to harm others, we are quite sure to drink.

~

I don't know about you, but I tend to be a big deal maker. Once you take care of this, in the right way, it will be behind you. Fear not. Just do the right thing. Practice the principle of love. No matter what happens, just explain what happened, admit your wrongs, and make it right.

Don't justify what you did. Forget those excuses you wrote about that you may have lined up. Just tell the truth, and make it right.

We make a mess, we clean it up.

See if you can spend time with your boy this week to make up for today. Ask him what would make him happy, and do it. Take him to a movie, or rent one and watch it together. Astro Boy dvd release is this Tuesday...a cool movie for his age. Make it up to him, and tell him you love him. It will fix everything.

Ok, I have said enough. Good Luck!
Man, you are totally awesome. You make me glad I became a part of this forum.