Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Drunken sexual mistakes ( I have my blood work back )

Notices

Drunken sexual mistakes ( I have my blood work back )

Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Drunken sexual mistakes ( I have my blood work back )

This has been the scariest and most thought provoking week of my life. Last summer, I made several drunken sexual mistakes that have been haunting me. I was petrified to get a HIV test and after posting on here, decided to after getting many words of encouragement. I spent several nights trying to mentally prepare myself if need be........and cried quite a bit over putting myself in such a predicament. I just got my results......negative. I cannot describe the feeling.......I feel almost drained from all the worrying I did........I realize that worrying is pointless but when you are in that situation....it's hard not too. I can breathe again......23 days sober.....what a nice way to celebrate day 23.......
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful!

And, Shantra, you never have to go through that again.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear and congrats on 23 days!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Wonderful!

And, Shantra, you never have to go through that again.
Yes Anna.......and I am not going through that again.......the waiting is agonizing.........I feel so thankful right now...........I really do.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really feel your anxiety. I have to wait one month for results! I didn't do the drunken thing and have only had one partner for over 3 years. But that partner died and was an IV user and a T-totally different attitude about casual sex then I. It's really eating at me, I've nearly a month to go! I am so happy for you that everything worked out negative for you. Happy negativity!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Insulated View Post
I really feel your anxiety. I have to wait one month for results! I didn't do the drunken thing and have only had one partner for over 3 years. But that partner died and was an IV user and a T-totally different attitude about casual sex then I. It's really eating at me, I've nearly a month to go! I am so happy for you that everything worked out negative for you. Happy negativity!

You have to wait one month?? Wow....... I am sure you are fine but I know that means nothing until you know you are fine. It is quite the roller coaster ride to say the least. I will pray that you are ok and I hope in a month I will be saying Happy Negativity to you ....... and just like Anna said to me.....you will never have to go through that again. Take care of you....
Old 03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ummm, no already once he brought home an std while we were split up (one of the million times he kicked me out) Darn it! I should've kept walking! We got tested March 09 to establish a baseline and I'm 99.99% sure he didn't do anything crazy. Except for the needles are a big exposure. Yeah, a month is a darned long time!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Insulated View Post
ummm, no already once he brought home an std while we were split up (one of the million times he kicked me out) Darn it! I should've kept walking! We got tested March 09 to establish a baseline and I'm 99.99% sure he didn't do anything crazy. Except for the needles are a big exposure. Yeah, a month is a darned long time!!!
Well.....I really hope all is ok........:-)