Notices

Long time

Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long time

Hello everyone, been over a year since I've even visited this forum. I'm happy to report that I have been sober since June 19th, 2005. Almost 5 years!! It doesn't seem possible that I've managed to not drink one single drop of alcohol for that long. Before I quit I was drinking 8-16 beers every.single.day. There have been a few times I've wanted to pick up a drink but I haven't, and for that I am so grateful.

I hope you all are doing well and those of you who are new to this recovery process...hang in there. Keep trying and trying and trying. No matter how many times you fall off the wagon do not give up! It will eventually stick with you and you'll realize just how much of life you have been missing out on. There is always, always, always hope. I'm living proof because I didn't think I would ever be able to stop drinking. But I did and so can you!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for such a positive share.
Good to know you are doing well......
Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent work!!!! It is always great to hear of life on the "other side"! "Man's reach must always exceed his grasp, else what is heaven for". The degree of our gratitude is directly related, IMO, to the depth of our despair! Thumbs up!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

You are an inspiration.... congrats on your sober time!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Congratulations!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for posting...five years...AWESOME! I was up to about 18 beers a day by the time I'd had enough. I'm only on 8.5 months, but I hope to be where you are by...2014
Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Thanks for posting...five years...AWESOME! I was up to about 18 beers a day by the time I'd had enough. I'm only on 8.5 months, but I hope to be where you are by...2014
8.5 months is awesome too We all begin somewhere!

You know the funny thing is, as much as I loved to drink I don't miss it. But I KNOW for a fact that if I were to take a drink I would quickly slip back into that old habit because I'm an alcoholic and I cannot control my drinking. We must learn to live without alcohol. I do feel envious of people who can have one or two drinks on occasion and be ok with that. I wish I could too.