Notices

Doing it again!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing it again!

Hi Everyone
Just thought I'd check in and let you know I'm on day 3 sober today and feeling good.
I'm not really going to do anything different this time, except plan for coping better with the extreme tiredness, which got me last time. I've had bloods taken for thyroid function, but I think it really will just have been my body dealing with years of alcohol abuse.

Thank God for this forum...I don't know what I'd do without it x
Old 02-28-2010, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayinfree View Post
I'm not really going to do anything different this time
Almost spat my diet coke all over the laptop, read this bit before reading the rest lol

Good to see you trying again, hope it goes well for you:-)
Old 02-28-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi,

It's good to see you back again and sober again.

Although I would say that if nothing changes, nothing changes.......so it would be a good idea to do something different than you did the last time to stay sober. I know that I didn't change things many times over and I ended up drunk again.

Keep in touch.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"GOODLUCK"
I Hope you have more success this time around..Ive been there done this done that..An more often than not ended up back in the Gutter..So to speak,
this is my Third day!!! Hey have a thing goin on with numerology..Certain days
and numbers...IE,no.27 is a very lucky number..MY latest in an encyclopedia of start..Fall..an Restart Dates, a little crazy.. but takes me back to my always chosen lucky numbers on a roulette table..Heres hopin she,s gonna be lucky for me this time...Aside from the no,thing a little more Desperation is also added to the Reality of the situation, good luck with your new approach if you have one.. May we both Suceed.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm on day 1 today as well. Got up to four weeks abstinence last time, then had one drinking session in early Feb ad it felt OK..the following weekend it was 2 drinking sessions, then the next weekend 3 or 4 sessions, and just last "weekend" it was 6 sessions from the Wednesday to Monday.

Here we go again!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have a few ideas that worked for me concerning tiredness.
I felt back in balance physically and mentally by
the end of 2 months of AA recovery....

In early sobriety ...after checking with my doctor....

I followed an eating plan for hypoglycemia.
I got mine from the book..."Under The Influence"
by Dr. James Milam & K. Ketchan.
You can also use Google for info.

I added a daily multi-vitamin + a B Complex
I also walked daily to an AA meeting.

Did you do any of these things?

For me to become happily a non drinker
required change and action.

Hope this will be your time for success.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wink

Hey Stainfree how are you doin? Hope well an positive,well its day 4 for me again and if i can get a mini blog in on here..Then thats cool..Had such an energy boost the past couple of days..Like in overdrive positivity..so been goin to my work,all been fine, and was down the beach picking shellfish to sell,got a really good haul picked around 25kilo each tide..Which is pretty good..Though had to walk near half a mile uphill with this load on my shoulders almost freakin kilt me it did..Nervous system in serious shakedown after that..An talk about sweats whow!!!, need to cool it abit goin a bit OTT,on the Physical Excercise..wit only bein 4 days in an all that..oH but talk about Sleepin like a baby..yOU BET, the weekend comins goin to be my big hurdle gettin through the first..actually feelin pretty positive... I like some of carols suggestions..May try a couple of Remedys..Am so tired dont have the time or the energy to think about drinK..Best of luck,to all others here on a new sober Quest.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone....

Good luck kerbcrawler..will watch for your posts x

Carol...thank you. I have 3 great danes so I walk every evening!
I did try to follow a low sugar plan, and cut out caffeine too...think this is where the problem was. Unfortunately, I have to work every day, so the tiredness really became to much to cope with.

Had a good talk with my sister, and she very basically said.........if you get so tired you can't work, then go sick.......didn't think of that!! Just detoxed and tried to recover, whilst working. So this time I'm gonna stick with the vitamins, remember tiredness won't kill me as log as I don't drive, just cut out caffeine on an evening, not all day.
Then if it still gets too much, I will take some time off work x