Notices

7 Days

Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That's possible. I do not feel like I'm getting sick though and I read this (http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html) yesterday which leads me to believe this very well could be due to alcohol. Whatever it is, it sucks!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It does suck, but it is better than drinking and starting the process all over again.

There is a bug going around which is not making things better..

It is supposed to be a nice weekend here in DC,so hopefully you will feel better and be able to get outside and enjoy your self. I find exercise so helpful since I have stopped drinking. Even if is just taking a walk after dinner, clears my head...

Best of luck and stay strong.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm having a rough time right now. I can't stop thinking about drinking
Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Drink some cold water....walk or dance around the room
take a bubble bath....eat ....brush your teeth....
pray for a peaceful mind.

Distraction-Distraction ...keep busy
Remember..."Yes! You Can" win over alcohol.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol. I drank a glass of water, smoked a cig and spent some time listing things for sale on Craigslist. That solved the problem.

Thanks again
Old 03-05-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Why am I sitting here crying? Crying and crying and crying. When I was drinking/drugging I never cried EVER except for during movies. It's always been curious to me that I allowed myself tears then but never anytime else. I'm having a hard time being able to feel my emotions again. The good ones are great, but everything else needs to die. Blah..tonight has been a roller coaster. Wish all of this would stop so I could feel normal again. I don't want to obsess over alcohol anymore. It's driving me insane. I'm trying to live one day at a time...one minute at a time...but it isn't letting up. When do I stop thinking about it all the time??????

I'm going to go to a meeting on Sunday and see if it helps. My thought process is so ****** up right now.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

If it has been 7 days since your last drink, it is normal that your emotions and psychological state are out of tune. Plus, if you were a long time drinker, it will take time for things to reset. I'm glad that you are 7 + days of sobriety. You are doing it and that is what counts.

I read your previous post about how you were thinking of alcohol and i'm proud that you were able to resist the temptations. Just on my way back today from trying to attend an AA meeting, it seemed that I could spot every liquor store along the route. The weird thing was that I have never been in that area but the liquor signs just popped out. Remember the event that you were tempted tonight because more than likely it will happen again. Then when the event comes up in the near future, you can reflect what you did in the past and overcome it AGAIN.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you for responding. I was not in a good place last night, but managed to get to sleep and feel okay today. Today is day 14! One day at a time...right?!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Have you lost any weight yet?

You and I seem to have a lot in common as far as your (former) drinking habits. However, I don't feel like I have as much strength as you. Today is my DAY 1!

Like an other poster said, I can't imagine my nightly rituals NOT including alcohol. My husband drinks as much as I do. That's....what we do... I just think the bordom itself will be a hurdle.

What have you been doing at night to replace the 2 bottles of wine? I just picture myself tonight, sitting here twittling m thumbs, hating everybody and everything.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My early a.m. meeting today was on Step 1
as there were 2 people there new to sobriety.

AA 12 Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol -
that our lives had become unmanageable.

I shared that....as long as I remained sober
I could manage my life in so many productive ways.
Add alcohol...and it slid downhill quickly.
I was powerless to make good choices.

Enjoy your meeting
Congratulations on your 14.....