Notices

My EXAH is dying

Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My EXAH is dying

My exah was released from jail on his 3rd dui.I recieved a call he was in the hospital with liver failure. We spent 23 years together so of course I had to go to him.

It was a emotional reunion as I had not seen him in 2 years.He told me he spent 2 months in the prison infirmary and was very ill. He was diagnoised with cirrhosis about 4 years ago and continued to drink. He is in complete liver failure now laying in a hospital bed waiting to die.

We have 2 children 10 and 15 who went to see him last night. My 15 year old is having the most difficult time as he looks at his father bloated,yellow and on oxygen. My exah said he never thought this could happen to him,he thought he would live forever.

The doctors told him years ago he needed to stop drinking or this would happen. Now he is dying from something that could have been prevented.

Their is so much more to our story,but the fact is you are not invinceable if you continue to drink you will die.Please think about this if you only knew what your future holds the pain and sorrow for yourself and your loved ones....

This didn't have to happen He went to the best treatment centers many times. Now it is too late and my heart is filled with sadness for the man he could have been to our wonderful children and himself.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

My heart goes out to you and especially to your children.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing this tragedy with us.....
Prayers for comfort for the 4 of you.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry for your pain.

But thank you for sharing...is it callous of me to say that reading this type of thing, from someone emotionally involved in the situation, isn't just heart-wrenching, it is something that gives me additional resolve.

Strength to you & your children.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Human

I'm so sorry ='(
Old 02-25-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you and your children are going through this, but I very much appreciate it that you have shared it.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aweda, I am so sorry. I'll keep you, your kids, and your exah in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so very sorry. Keeping him, you and your children in my prayers.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hopefully, people out there still drinking will read this and the danger will finally seem real enough to them to start the process of recovery. Thank you for sharing so that others may be given pause in their fight with their own demons.

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Enjoying Sobriety

Bless you AWEDA!

I, too, am sorry for the pain and suffering you ALL are going through. I have an older brother (whom I adore) that has been very seriously ill for a little over a year now. He was told his liver and pancreas are "shot" and that he must quit drinking. That was about 4 months ago and he STILL will not put down the $@###*** bottle! I have come to realize that all I can do is try to be an example (by not drinking today) and pray for him. That is all I know to do.

If I make it to March 22, I will have one full year of sobriety and reading what you shared helped me remember that just for today I do not want to drink. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

Prayers to your entire family..........