Notices

losing it

Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

going to battle

well yesterday i went to my docotrs appt and 11 amn and after her looking at my blood pressue that day and my liver enxymes from last years blood ( when i was supposed to go back for a liver ultrasound) work told me to go right to the ER. I told her no and went home to talk to my dad about it and he begged me to go but i didnt feel i coulndt do this at home because she was saying i could be in the hopsital for days. But anyway i went there after three hours of talking and they took my blood pressure again 197/112 so they came to me with these 2 green pills and i took them, they hooked me to an IV bag and then the wait in the ER began. A hour later they came and hooked up a banana bag to me looked like mountain due but was full of Vitamens. 4 hours later they called me in and tried to convince me to be inducted in a clinic immediatley that night. coulnd bring myself to do it so after talking with one doctor who said fine then go home and do it alone because the only medicine we can give you is what you get here. i asked for another docotor and he came in he asked me a bunch of questions and what i can expect to happen during it alone (warning wise) and gave me a big dose of some relaxing medicne in my IV, which calmed me right down had a little wobbly llegs on my way DIAZEPAM and sent me on my way and said make suer you get back as fast as possible for any bad sigs. They still did not want me to go because of my blood pressure was stilll very high. So my first night is gone!!!!!!!! from the meds they game me at hospital i was able to come home at 1230 am sleep till 4 then started some real bad relentless diahrea, restlness and not being able to sleep because my head was running wild. got up at 1030 am took some DIAZEPAM and it seem to calm me again to toss and turn till about 230 pm. Anyway day one is done lets see what happens to day, how long does one have stomach/head pains/diarheaa during this??

Also i want to thank all of you for your support you have given so far dont know if i would have ever have done this with out. Thank you all
Old 03-06-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

Good job Lost. I never went through a medical detox, so I have nothing to add on that note. I'm just really proud of you going for help.

However, quitting drinking is more about how to live without drinking than just not drinking. I've found all the answers I need in AA.

You might look at it this way: Stay sober for a year and see if you like life better than drinking. I sure do.