Notices

Day 8 sober........one day at a time :)

Old 02-22-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Day 8 sober........one day at a time :)

I hope everyone is doing ok this evening. I walked around the lake next to my place this evening. It's a three km walk......I try my best everyday to walk the lake........the fresh air helps me sleep much better.......feeling a little antsy this evening. Not sure why......I only slept for three hours last night due to caffeine overload yesterday........I have been playing the blame game today.........feeling a little sad for my mistakes......part of the process I suppose. Sometimes I wonder why me?....but no time for pity parties. I hope everyone is enjoying another sober day whether it is day one or day one hundred.........take care of u.........
Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days!

I also feel "off" after too much caffeine and not enough sleep.

The lake sounds like a beautiful place to walk! Springtime should be coming soon around here. No need for pity parties -- that part is over and a new life is starting.

Keep coming back and let us know how you're doing!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shantra32 View Post
I hope everyone is doing ok this evening. I walked around the lake next to my place this evening. It's a three km walk......I try my best everyday to walk the lake........the fresh air helps me sleep much better.......feeling a little antsy this evening. Not sure why......I only slept for three hours last night due to caffeine overload yesterday........I have been playing the blame game today.........feeling a little sad for my mistakes......part of the process I suppose. Sometimes I wonder why me?....but no time for pity parties. I hope everyone is enjoying another sober day whether it is day one or day one hundred.........take care of u.........
8 days
Old 02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by shantra32 View Post
Congrats Shantra! I am going on day 7 from alc/pot. It seems to be getting better everyday. This site is so wonderful! I have tried to quit many times and this time I think I have the tools to do it. Thanks for the input. It really helps! I feel the same as you....the remorse in almost unbearable at times. Make you think that drinking was almost easier, but in reality I have found that it caused me more anxiety than sobriety does. Plus, haven't you noticed that your self-esteem is higher? Overcoming this is something to be very proud of! We didn't choose this, although we are made to feel that way sometimes.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Early sobriety is often an up and down time
Be gentle with yourself....day 8 is a good start shantra
Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

8 days for me too

quick on valentines day here in the States - 2/14/10.

Please keep on my rear end to stop.

thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR

fightingaddict....

bozo123 ....

Keep moving forward....Yes! you to can win over alcohol
Old 02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

Congratulations on 8 days guys! That's 691,200 seconds!! What a feat!

Yes I too find excercise in nature is food for the spirit.