Notices

When I will feel better?

Old 09-27-2003, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

When I will feel better?

Hi, I have to fight against alcohol once again. BUT I DO WILL STOP IT!
I stop yesterday about 22h - now I still feel bad. Better that this morning, but how to survive the whole night - with shaking, hearing every small noise, kold sweet and so...
I was drinking 10 days 10-15 beers per day.
Last time when I was poisoned(few months ago) I needed the whole day to feel better. I hope that late at the evening I will be better. The problem is just not to go for few beers(to kill the pain haha) and will survive.And really stop forever. What is your way to overtake this absistence after stopping?
Old 09-27-2003, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Damn! I am 24 hours still sober! And seems that I could stop.
The worst is withdrawal! I got a feeling for death one million times today, with liver pain and fealing that you are fallnig down each time when I changed the body position. I felt myself not just sick, but like a wood puppet. Sorry for this description, you probably know it - but I need to share. I still have problem with concentration and body shaking, but I am feeling how it becomes better and better.
Why withdrawal could be deadly? And when to decide should I go to the doctor for detox, or just to stay in hause,drinking herb tea and just to clean the alcohol hour by hour?
I mean, I just can't go to hospital - it is hard to explain...
Soon I got a new,good job and I an not german(just live here) - so, one going to the hospital could cost my work permit. This will force me to leave Germany and to go back to my country, so everything achieved for last few years will go down.
From outside everythings looks OK - young, good joob, good family,but only I know how sick I am
So, I am always stay at home and recover, but soon I will be forced to the hospital if I don't stop.
I will start with AA meetings next week.
My wife help my much, but as she is travelling often, when she is not, I am completely drunk... again. Not only evenings, the whole day - I keep bottle next to my bed, so I could dring even at night if I wake up. This time was really bad - 10 days drinking just between the time not in real sleeping, just too tired to keep eyes open. Today I fell myself completely f..ked and do want to stop
thanks for the patience for reading. Hopefully tomorrow I will say - 46 h without alc! And sorry for the errors(if any) - I can't remember simple words like 'young' - I typed it first yang, then yoang, then yuong! Jesus!
Old 09-27-2003, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nomore and welcome to Sober Recovery.

Congratulations on your 24 hours with no drinking. That's great. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad and I hope that the withdrawl symptoms will lessen soon. If you truly can't go to a hospital, or even a doctor, I hope that you will be alright. You may be able to get some better information on detoxing in the Newcomer section of this board. I would just suggest lots of water and juice and resting as much as possible.

I wish you the best.

Anna
Old 09-27-2003, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

NoMore,

DT's are what's deadly, not withdrawal. If you start experiencing the signs of DT's contact a doctor immediently. He can put you on meds to help you. DT's occur in heavy drinkers, and usually on the 2nd or 3rd days of detox.

Symptoms include: severe tremors, severe anxiety, paranoia, profuse sweating, severe agitation, rapid heart rate, fever, auditory and visual hallucinations (seeing snakes or bugs, hearing things that aren't there), delirium, high blood pressure, diarrhea.

I went through DT's in the hospital. If you start to have any of those sumptoms, please contact your doctor!

Take care of yourself. I wish you the best.

PG
Old 09-27-2003, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Yes do follow piangirls advice and call the hospital immediatly if you have any of those symptoms. Detoxing alone is dangerous. Hopefully by tomorrow it won't all be better but the relief should start coming. Drink a lot of fluids eat a little if you can and know though your suffering now, you can do this.

It's up to you, do you want to live? Then there is all kinds of help available and I hope you can get to the meetings and begin a beautiful life. We are here for you if you need us.
Welcome again and keep coming back.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

Please do not detox alone.

It takes 3/4 days for alcohol to leave your body.

It need not be dangerous...or so painful.

Good Luck...
Old 09-28-2003, 02:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

hi!

Hi Guys and Girls! Many many thanks for the nice words and for the answers. This definitelly helps me!

I am still clean - 36 hours! I and feel better and better! I had terrible night - I wanted to sleep, but something in my head was keeping me like on stress and preasure.Few hours latr I haven't spept really,but some state like dream - with colorfull and so trully dreams-I haven't had more realistic dreams. Today I am tired and nervous again, but definitelly better - I have no this crazy look - like first few hours after stopping. Just look a little bit tired and maybe I will try to sleep tonight. I have some small pain on the left side(probably liver, but the pain is not on one place - mooving) and it is not all time - just time to time. I stoped drinking for two months last year, as I made blood examination and doctor told me that one value related with the liver is 3 times higher than normal - after two months it was OK. Probably the pain in the liver is normal and will dissapear after few weeks/months - I read somewhere in www, that it is normal to have some pain, even long time after stopping. But I will visit the doctor if the pain is growing.
I will read now the newcomers board for more info for DT and the rest.
Once again , big THANK YOU and hope that this is the real end!
Old 09-29-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Glad your still clean! The sleepless nights lasted a while for me, once I got out and got some exercise ( I would just walk for about 20 minutes) the first couple of weeks, the sleeping got better. This is very common so don't worry. Try some sleepytime tea, or reading until you fall asleep.

Keep up the good work, you can do this.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi NoMore, Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you are really working at recovery, GREAT! This is very hard. Be careful trying to detox alone. You asked when you will feel better? Nobody can say for sure. Depending on how much you drank, how hard you work at it. There will be a time that you'll feel better. However, I am no expert but, I'll
go out on a limb. I can tell you if you drink you won't feel better. I tried , it don't work. Hang in there and keep posting. Don W
Old 09-29-2003, 09:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

NoMore,

Welcome to the boards and I hope you are feeling better soon. If the pain is on your left side, then I don't think it could be your liver, since the liver is on the right side, just under the bottom of the rib cage.

However, since you know you've already had abnormal liver test results, then any drinking could have serious consequences for you. The liver can heal though. There is an herb called Milk Thistle which is considered to be very helpful in healing the liver.

Juls