Notices

Coming Clean

Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tyler,

I too have enjoyed you perspective of recovery and your posts. I think Crown is spot on with his posts. You let no one down at all, anyway it is all about you!! Anyway I echo and amplify what others have said here, fu*k um if they do not understand, it is not easy at all, trust me I know,

Just last week my wife and I went out to dinner with another couple, that are also heavy drinkers and in the past we have gone out drinking after dinner. Dinner went fine, when asked why I wasn't drinking I said I was taking a break, no big deal. But after dinner they asked if we wanted to stop by the local sports bar and get a drink and watch the end of the hockey game. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, boy was I wrong. THe bartender, whom I have know for over 10 years was taken back by me not drinking and even slipped me vodka in my club soda as a "joke" he said. Real funny guy.. We ran into a bunch of drinking buddies and most were half in the bag, most didn't care if I was drinking or not, but some took offense to it, told me I didn't have a problem and what was "I afraid of". Then they would defend themselves to me about thier consumption. Strange point of view. I did give in because I was sick of explaining my self and had one drink and went home, no worries at all....

Well two days later with my false idea that I can have one or two and it is easier than explaining myself, I had a few that turned into a 7 hour binge and ended up waking up and not recalling how I got home or why there was a midget in my house.

Starting over now, five days without booze or pot and am feeling good.

Best of luck to you and thanks for you post in my thread I founf them enlightening and helpful.

A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tyler,

I'm glad you're being honest and open and most importantly, being honest with yourself.

Recovering from alcoholism required me to be brutally honest with myself. I was not an 'organized person', I was a control-freak, plain and simple. As long as I called myself an organized person, I wasn't going to get better.