Notices

The AA Method

Old 02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The AA Method

Over 15 years later and still working. The first step was the hardest....and that was the church door step into my first meeting. The first two pages of the big book were blank pages, and that summed up what I knew about how to stop drinking. Physically, I could never have one drink, without having another. Mentally, when I was not drinking I was thinking about drinking and spiritually, the only known photos from the age of 13-22 were arrest photos....I use to have morals and values and those went out the window long ago. I was a psychopath in an unjust world and blamed everybody and everything. My thinking was twisted. I was always on the outside looking in my entire life.

Thank You AA and god for giving me a life that I never knew could exist. 37 years old now and still wet behind the ears. May I never forget where I come from and remain teachable.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thank you for a little of your story AAboston.
similar to mine in some ways,but then i identify with all alcoholics in some way.
same age as you but one year sober this weekend.
i knew nothing about stopping drinking either.and i am very very very wet behind the ears! the day i think i know it all is the day im in deep doo-doo!
after having a spirtual awakening as a result of the steps the hole in my soul was filled,,it was there all along but i was always looking for outside influences to fill this.
so i thank God and AA too.
thanks for being a part of another positive start to my day.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by AABoston View Post
meeting. The first two pages of the big book were blank pages, and that summed up what I knew about how to stop drinking.
Very good.

Thanks for sharing
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Another winner over alcohol...thanks for sharing!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was a psychopath in an unjust world and blamed everybody and everything. My thinking was twisted. I was always on the outside looking in my entire life.
that perception and twisted thinking is scary looking back....

i went to aa because id ran out of options and bridges to burn...at least they had coffee and it got "her" of my back
who knows.....they may teach me to drink like a man.

god bless those aa members for putting up with my endless drivvle and moaning for 18 months.

and god bless the guy that had a solution he had to share with me.