Notices

Can't believe, feeling like I used fear wise.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Question Can't believe, feeling like I used fear wise.

I am amazed that I could plummet back to the days of sleeping in my parent's room or the living room out of nowhere because I had fear of health issues and etc.

That's how I feel right now. Being cold, scared and alone is not pleasant one bit... it's pathetic, how can it be, 24 years old and I'm still holding a teddy bear .
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Paulos, I'm 41 and I sleep with a stuffed animal. I'm sorry you're afraid. I do hope you find a way to let go of your fears. But please don't think that wanting a wubby (a comfort item) is wrong. I see it as something that connects my waking and dreaming.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-02-2010, 11:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Hey Paulos, I'm in my end twenties and I still have a stuffed animal. There's nothing wrong with reaching for simple, familiar things from childhood for comfort when you're hurting. As long as it helps you a bit go for it, no need to feel ashamed.
Heck, when I'm really stressed out and things turn bad, I even find comfort in childhood meals like mashed potatoes with gravy. Be good to yourself, you are not a failure for feeling helpless ans scared at the moment.

I hope you can find a way to get through the fear, hang in there and take things moment by moment. You can do this and you are definetely not alone.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im assuming that picture is Final Fantasy Tactics?

Great game! ive got 6 years on you. I have no wisdom in terms of clean time but I'm gonna keep on truckin, and i think you should too.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah hang on, ive got a stuffed dog thats been round Europe with me for the last 12 years and im 38 years old! His name is DOG, that dumb ass bounty hunter stole his name! And there is black and white cat who has been with me for a while too.

Both are currently living with my sponsor...thinking back actually it was quite funny when i said to him that as far as i was concerned his belongings and his own life were secondary to DOG...save Dog then youself in that order...and this is me having been restored to sanity hehe

Anyways moral of story stuffed toys good!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mergirl

I have a live dog, and I can't sleep if shes not here, and I'm an old lady Fear sucks. Is it something you can fix? You said it was a health issue, have you seen a doctor?
if I get outside and appreciate nature, my fear subsides usually. Hang in there
Old 02-03-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When we scratch the wound and give into our addictions we do not allow the wound to heal....

Don't give up please! You seem like you have such an awesome personality! Don't throw it away for "alcohol"! Take a moment to close your eyes and just breathe...focus on that, let things go with every breath you take....I know it sounds corny but give it a try! Becoming mindful will help you become conscious! Don't let something like "alcohol" have this much control over you!

It looks like your a gamer! That's awesome! I am as well! We nerds need to stick together!x
Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, I don't know anything about video games, but I find the two characteristics (or are they "powers"?????) of Orlandu the Holy Swordsman to be very, very relevant to your post, because

faith is the cure for fear,

and courage (bravery) is fear that has said it's prayers.

If you identify with Orlandu, perhaps it might be helpful to you to contemplate ways you might be able to manifest his powers of faith and bravery in your life in order to defeat your fears???????

freya

BTW, fear has nothing at all to do with (physiological) age....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a teddy bear, or a "blankie," etc...etc...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Bravery and Faith indeed, frey... ya keep strong that is FFT, Ramza in his third image... thanks for all the feedback about stuffies, everyone... and as for my fear it's getting a little better I just felt so petty having to need it and just ... like a lost cause, as in I can never get back my 342 days sober I want to so badly I guess!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

as in I can never get back my 342 days sober I want to so badly I guess!
Hey Paulos,
I'm glad you feel a little bit better.
tSo much is true, you can never get the old 342 days sober back, the past is gone. Yes, that are many days, but but measuring yourself up to this puts you under much pressure, and this can also make you feel more fearful, like a huge mountain you will have to try to climb again.

But instead, you can get many new days sober,
and every single one is meaningful. And that is something you can do, you are not a lost cause. Just take it slow, one day at a time, and maybe you can let go of these 342 and be able to enjoy every single new sober day. Hang in there, hugs,
S.

Ps:
"Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh, and I will cry. Happiness I can not feel, and love to me is so unreal."
These are somethe lyrics of "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath, aren't they? Songtext: Black Sabbath - Paranoid Lyrics