Notices

a lot evry day

Old 02-02-2010, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a lot evry day

this one says its not illegal to request medical help...

So Im wondering how close to serious problems I am.
I will list my real habits no matter how bad they are...
I know they are bad, dont just tell me to stop or im addicted or bad (i know)...
How long can i continue before you know what?...

I'm a 24 college student, about to graduate. I had a bad breakup around my 21 birthday and did nothing on it. Very guilty bout that and loathsome but focus on school as my one good accomplishment. Very guilty bout gaining weight ever since then and few sex since then. Almost every day since then i plan my day around a good dinner (and homework), which i cook and am good, prepare with also, ice, soda, shot-glass and bottle of liquor, whiskey gin vodka or tequila. I slowly eat my dinner watching TV or computer and drink shots between every few bites of dinner. Usually dinner lasts an hour and im about 5-6 shots in. Then I play online games for a few hours while taking shots periodically untill i get tired and roll into bed and fall asleep from woozy and tiredness. The next morning I usually find the same result, a dirty dinner plate and about 1/2 to 3/4 of the liter of booze gone. This will vary from night to night and if beer and friends happens its usually less. Now this happens over a extended range of time probably 9pm to 2am. Usually im slightly hungover but mostly just dehydrated and drink water in the morning and feel ok, but obviously get the craving sometimes during the day. I know this is a problem but the stress of school and **** makes this a easy and fun alternative to going to bed sober every night after hard studying and writing. Also i stopped smoking cigs and weed when i started drinking like this (good and bad). aaaaand i probably do this almost every day, I successfully have quit entirely cold turkey for a few weeks a couple times recently but don't want to...

How long do i have before i really destroy everything but don't just tell me tomorrow please?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hight and weight

shoot i should include my dimensions.
at age 21 i was about 200lbs and 5'11"
now at age 24 in about 250lbs and 5'11"
im not a big fat guy, i was hardcore football player until college, but now have a few inches around the belly and tittys.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi firepaint.

We can't give out medical advice here - and noone can tell you how close to serious problems you are anyway.

Only a doctor would have any hope of doing that.

You sound a bit conflicted to me - you say you know its a problem, but you also say it's an easy and fun alternative to being sober and you don't really want to stop.

I think perhaps speaking honestly with your doctor and having a look at your general health might be a good start into trying to work out how much of a problem it really is.

D
Old 02-02-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to SR firepaint.
I think Dee has pretty much summed it up. Nobody can tell you how your health is going to progress.
I think you know that at 250lbs you are way overweight.
Your BMI (body mass index) is around 35 and it should be around 25 maybe a bit higher if most of it is muscle.
The calories that you are getting from drinking shots is definitely a contributing factor so if I was you I would be concentrating on getting back to your healthy weight of around 200, perhaps a bit less. This will also help with your confidence and help you move on after your hurtful relationship and find someone better for you.
Hope this helps a bit.
Good luck.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Are you asking how long you can keep on drinking before something awful happens? No one can tell you that. Why not quit now before your luck runs out and you end up with lifetime regrets.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum

According to the U.S. center for Disease Control....

Moderate drinking is no more than
2 drinks a day for men..1 for women

They consider a drink to be
12 oz. of beer..5 oz. of wine...1 1/2 oz of liquor.

Your body and mind processes all 3 toxins equally
so drinking only wine or only liquor or only beer
or mixing them is of no importance.
They all do the same damage.
I think a quick way to determine if you are an alcoholic
is to consider why you continue to drink
when you already are having harmful negetive results.

Yes.....you do have a lot of red flags from drinking
I sure hope you will find a healthier sober life soon.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

How long do i have before i really destroy everything but don't just tell me tomorrow please?

We're all just a tenth of a second away from killing or maiming ourselves when drunk. Slip and fall on the back of heads, etc.. Use your imagination.

I have a three inch gash on my wrist because I got mad at a crusty stain on a plate that wouldn't come off. I threw it down in the trash with such force that a 3" peice flew INTO my wrist. It could have easily been my eye or my temple.

What's worse than all that is the pain and suffering in your head. And everyone's head that cares about you.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

From your post, a few things are glaringly obvious.

You are aware you're an alcoholic...even if you havent fully admitted it yet.

You are likely (surely) already doing physical harm to yourself...yet you are young and strong and cant really tell. But it will get worse...much worse...and in more ways than one....eventually.

If you want someone to tell you when you will do irreversible(sp?) harm to yourself, die from it, hit bottom, or whatever...it'd all be a guess...and your college-educated self should know this.

And... you wont quit. Not now.

...It's like you're sitting on top of an alcoholic slide with a big bottle of pain in your lap...You'll know more about yourself when you get to the bottom and hit the dirt...broken bottle and all.

Until then...good luck.

(i hope you prove my post wrong)
Old 02-02-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Welcome to SR firepaint,

It is not only impossible to tell, but it doesn't really matter how a short or long time you have, since it doesn't sound like it makes you happy and it works only temporarily...You are partly using alcohol to numb pain, solitude and stress, but on the long run it doesn't seem to work, and it seems to worry you enough to post on this forum. It sounds like ther is also a lot of guilt and self-depreciation involved, and it doesn't sound like you like yourself very much at the moment. For me at least, alcohol made these feelings worse and prevented me to effectively come to terms with them.If I'm right with this, I'm sorry you feel this way, and I think that you deserve to reconcile with yourself. Edit: Getting a clear head first is necessary to adress these things properly, and makes it easier.

Even if nothing horrible happens to you because of your drinking yet, is this really the way you want to live for the next years, decades? Would you be ok with this being it? Chances are that your drinking will progress in the future, and that at some point it is going to affect your health and more areas of your life. I wish I was wrong, but there are some red flags here that suggest that it might be a good idea to consider giving up drinking.

I wish you that you can find a healthier and sober way to live before something drastic happens, and that maybe, you don't need to find out what happens when your personal "how long" has run out.