Notices

Calling my sponsor after going out.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Calling my sponsor after going out.

I havent talked to my sponsor since october. Last time i drank i txt him and told him i screwed up. It was the second time in two months he told me to come back when im ready to stop drinking. I quit for a while then drank over xmas. I quit again 1/12. Im embarassed to call him and i dont know that i wont screw up again. I feel like im wasting his time. I want to go back but hes not at my home group. Should i get a new sponsor at my home group and just let him know and that im back in meetings?

I didnt want to start back until id been sober a month so i get all the withdrawl overreacting dramatizing everything out of my system.

Now i feel normal and like i dont think i need AA which is EXACTLY the time i usually drink again so i know NOW is when i need to go.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wrote post and forgot to save it to notepad...

Ok quick version, ring him and ask him for coffee to discuss...far more embarassing for you to skulk back in and get another sponsor without telling him...

Stinking thinking = ill stop drinking for a month then go to AA, same as me saying ill get fit first then go to a gym...

hope this is your time, get a sponsor, work the steps asap to stand half a chance...good luck:-)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totfit

If AA is helping you and you are serious about doing it their way, I wouldn't be ashamed of returning. Your are just one among many. It is really not near as big a deal to them as it is to you. On the other hand there are many ways to "skin a cat". If AA is not working for you, you might try something else. The biggest thing one has to have is to internalize that it is impossible to use alcohol without bad consequences. It does a lot of harm and little good so what is the point. AA is great for some people, but it is not for everyone. I know a lot of people who didn't do well with AA that got sober otherwise. Don't feel guilty. The only person you have let down for the most part is yourself. If you choose to go to AA, then jump in and get busy. Otherwise, just don't drink no matter what. Find and pursue other interests. Do some things for yourself instead of to yourself. Some very helpful things are to eat a good diet with complex carbs and few simple sugars. If you are doing other drugs like nicotine, you might look at that as nicotine increases stress and anxiety. Exercise, exercise, exercise! You can stay sober.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I havent talked to my sponsor since october. Last time i drank i txt him and told him i screwed up. It was the second time in two months he told me to come back when im ready to stop drinking. I quit for a while then drank over xmas. I quit again 1/12. Im embarassed to call him and i dont know that i wont screw up again. I feel like im wasting his time. I want to go back but hes not at my home group. Should i get a new sponsor at my home group and just let him know and that im back in meetings?

I didnt want to start back until id been sober a month so i get all the withdrawl overreacting dramatizing everything out of my system.

Now i feel normal and like i don't think i need AA which is EXACTLY the time i usually drink again so i know NOW is when i need to go.

Sounds like my story. I just had to discuss and move on. My sponsor explained to me that alcoholism is a disease and there was nothing to be ashamed of. However, if I did not take care of it it would take care of me.

It would be a nice idea to call your sponsor have a cup of joe and get a sponsor in your home group.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi,

I would guess your sponsor would be waiting to hear from you. Call him.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Easy Does It, just do it.