Notices

Need Help, Tomorrow is day#1

Old 01-31-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Help, Tomorrow is day#1

Hello all,

I am here in need of some help and assistance.
Honestly I don't know why i started drinking, probably because of the hardships that i've gone through this past year or so, but i am here to stop. I used to smoke marijuana and i now have 33 days clean, but its just alcohol that i need to relieve my system of. I am not happy that i drink everyday and i need you guys to help me and give me some pointers. I guess you can call this my journal or quit day post, but i really am trying to stay clear of alcohol and drugs and be clean all the way.

I want to do this for myself and to show everybody around me that i can. I guess im asking you guys for support and pointers as to what it might take to steer clear from it. If i do want to drink i will come here and post and get my mind off of it. Glad to meet you all, wish me luck...tomorrow is day 1.

Jch922
Old 01-31-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here. How long have you been drinking for? (You mention daily drinking)...Also, do you comsume large amounts of alcohol? It is a good idea to start with a medical check-up with a DR. if it has been awhile. Keep reading and posting. We do recover.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been drinking probably for a year or so now, so its not heavy but its not light either. Its usually around night time that i want to drink, and i cave. Thanks for the response...I usually drink 1-2 32 oz beers a day...
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

You will find plenty of support here. You mention you are currently clean from using marijuana. Were you going to meetings or were you able to quit on your own? Also, have you considered AA or some other program to help with stopping drinking? I wasn't able to quit on my own. I needed help from others--I am an alcoholic/addict in recovery. Remember--you don't have to go through this alone. Keep reaching out. We do recover.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR.....

Congratulations for seeking a healthy future.
Keep posting....glad you are here....