Notices

A Thomas McClellan

Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Thomas McClellan

A Thomas McClellan. He is the new deputy director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. Here is a link which is short and sweet...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/science/08prof.html

So for those who know who he is and have an idea of what he's about, what do you think? If you don't know, find out and come back and tell us what you've found.

In essence, from my own understanding, his policies will have a strong emphasis on prevention and on alcoholism and drug addiction as a chronic disease. This guy is the real deal and please give him the respect he deserves when responding (but it's OK to disagree!)

Thanx
Mark
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this quote, ,“But if you come to it with the kind of desires to turn everything into a scientific experiment, you will have your poor little heart broken.” lol, story of my life there.

He seems to be saying that regardless of how you feel about the government spending money to help addicts, the practical view is that money spent on treatment is more effective than money spent dealing with the effects of addiction. I think he's absolutely right.

I enjoyed the article, thanks for posting.