Notices

Telling Parents

Old 01-09-2010, 05:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Keep it simple and clear-cut.

Get your sister to arrange the right drinks for you, including a handy supply of empty glasses in case someone messes your glass up.

Maybe your mum will have the sense to be so preoccupied with the happy occasion she doesn't look for reasons to blame herself!

If somebody gives you the wrong drink without checking with you, lose it somewhere and get an empty glass. If anyone finds that objectionable tell them it's for your health. If anyone implies that that is miserable for them, very patiently realise that they are no good for you. I do realise there are people who will make an issue of it against you or I, but I hope not!!!

If you look after your health what damage is that doing to anyone else!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I totally am in the same boat-am 27, and am trying to figure out how to tell my freinds and familly. Have been hiding this thing for a long time. I was hospitalized once 10 years ago, but that was the beginning of when I started to hide stuff. I dont think it will be a total surprise, but will still be surprising. Sorry, I know this didnt help, but I am totally in the same situation.