Notices

Back again. I want this time to be the last

Old 01-06-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again. I want this time to be the last

So had a very up and down 2009 with alcohol. It was on and off all year and the last few months steadily got into very bad habits drinking every day. 8-10 beers a night. Horrible.

I hate it. I feel so dissapointed in myself. I quit smoking and the thought of it repulses me. I want to be like that with the alcohol. I hate it!!!

Im going for it this time. Fed up of being so weak. Will be grateful for any support out there.

Thanx for reading.

Happy New Year everyone. Lets make this one count xx
Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Latic.
It is hard to give up the things we like even when we know that they are causing us problems and not really giving us any pleasure.
When I get the urge to drink I read a list I made of the goods and bads of drinking and as long as the bads outweigh the goods, which they do by a WIDE margin, the urge crawls back in its hole until it comes out again and the process is repeated.
So far so good.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back....

Do you have a plan this time?
Checking with your doctor about how to best
de tox is always a wise idea....
Old 01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanx for the reply guys. I haven't really got a plan in place as such. I have made myself a list of good and bad like you said, the things I hate about drinking far outway, anything good about it. Im hoping coming on here reading through posts etc will keep me strong and on the right track.

Im feeling a little anxious tonight, but Im sure it will pass. Just staying focused. Haven't ever suffered from withdrawals before so Im hoping I will be ok. Making sure stay hydrated and I've eaten really well today. Looking forward to waking up in the morning guilt free and hopefully refreshed ready for day 2. xx
Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Latic View Post
So had a very up and down 2009 with alcohol. It was on and off all year and the last few months steadily got into very bad habits drinking every day. 8-10 beers a night. Horrible.

I hate it. I feel so dissapointed in myself. I quit smoking and the thought of it repulses me. I want to be like that with the alcohol. I hate it!!!

Im going for it this time. Fed up of being so weak. Will be grateful for any support out there.

Thanx for reading.

Happy New Year everyone. Lets make this one count xx
Hi there
I sure do identify with you!
New myself...hope we can support each other.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back ... I can relate as this is my first full day back as well. I'm glad you're making the same choice that I did. I really can't afford to have 2010 be a repeat of 2009. I've lost so much of my self-respect and self-worth in the last year and I am having the most difficult of times trying to rediscover it.

I had nine days until Christmas Eve, then relapsed at a party that night. Nine days was about the longest I had had in about six months.

Withdrawal the last 30 hours or so has been pretty uncomfortable. It usually isn't this bad. Had a hell of a time trying to sleep last night, and I know tonight is going to be more of the same.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck in your journey. If you buckle down and take the trip it will blow your mind in ways you can't imagine. Things come and go, some days are better than others, but once you get sober you never have to suffer because of your alcohol use anymore,

Best wishes,

Clayton
Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I've made it to day 3. It feels tough today. I can feel my mind set wandering to thoughts of beer!!!

Been thinking back to how I've ended up like this. My family never drink. I grew up in a tea total household. I remember being about 8 years old and walking through our village with Mum. We went past the Red Lion pub it had the doors open and you could see right through to the beer garden. The smell was amazing. I loved it. My favourite smell in the world. I can remember standing there taking it all in. My mum telling me its disgusting. Some people love the smell of new books petrol even. No not me it was Beer!!! Wonder if its all connected.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Urges to drink are very compelling sometimes. I remember telling myself I would not drink and yet I would drink again. I simply caved in to the urge and that easy to do especially when one is dealing with urges to drink by them selves. Keep using this site and find others that can support you in your sobriety.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Latic good for you on making this decision --you do need to have a plan or you will likely keep falling. Good luck to you and keep posting.