Notices

second day here

Old 01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

second day here

Hi everyone
This is my 2nd day here browsing the forums.....alot of good reading.
I haven't been to a meeting for over a year now and I have over 3 years of sober living. My first 2 years of sobriety I was more involved with AA. Back then I went to a treatment program and went to as many meetings as I could. I ended up working for another that I met in the rooms which was great support . Because of my hours of work I couldn't get to the meetings.

I'm surprized I stayed sober this long on my own....well not totally on my own. I keep in contact with some of the members...but not regular enough. Of lately over the past several months I wouldn't call it a craving...but more intertaining thoughts of drinking again. I would play it over in my mind.....look for reason to drink...then look at where i was before i got sober. To go back out scares me. I know what the outcome would be ( shaky, withdraws etc)

I tend to be a quite, almost shy type of person...very much a loner and withdrawn type of person ( not sure if that was caused from the disease part of it) At the moment looking at myself I have really isolated myself, not eating proper, feel so angry and crappy .....I decided to get myself back into the program before I do go back out.

As for my job.....I've been talking to my employer about changing my hours to make the time available to get to meetings. I'm so lucky that I have a good work environment......anyways sorry for the long story....just felt like sharing abit about where I am at.
Thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Dawning day)) - it sounds like you are doing the right stuff...changing your hours, recognizing the isolation and willing to get back into meetings.

Just because we have some clean/sober time, you're doing good to realize it doesn't make us immune from going back out. I'm coming up on 3 years, and I spend a LOT of time on SR, as well as with other RA's (recovering addicts). I know that, for me, when I want to isolate, it's a sign that I'm in a bad place.

It's good to have you here!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum...
Congratulations on your sober years

I find SR a valuable resource to keep my recovery
fresh and growing. Hope you will too.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comments. This site has been so helpful....from reading and sharing has really helped to keep my head straight.