Notices

FACEBOOK...old drinking revisted

Old 01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

FACEBOOK...old drinking revisted

When I was drinking I started up a facebook account years ago. All my childhood friends, drinking crews and some sober frinds are on it now too.

I am a real dillema with it...I dont want to delete old friends, or sober friends or the account in general ...

I stopped posting on it when I got sober and have set all the privacy settings to where I want them...but it really does tick me off to hear how good they all are doing financially and happy partying, posting drunkin stuff all over / under my posts...they got old pics of me passed out excetra...

I just dont and won't post on it this year and just respond to my sober friends via private message I guess and pretend to everyone else I am not online anymore?

Anyone else have this problem?

Happy New year all
Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is always taken as a big statement if you delete someone as your friend from FB. I have wished I could delete people from FB because their posts are annoying but keep them as an in person friend, but alas.
What if you make another FB account for the people you actually want to hear from and use a slighty different version of your name (i.e. include middle initial or middle name)? Then log into that one daily and the other one can go unattended.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can hide people from your news feed by clicking on their name. You will no longer see their status updates and such, without having to delete them. You can also untag yourself from pictures, BUT since you are in them if you ask them they should take them down. If however, you don't want to do that just untag yourself.

Something I ended up doing was de-activating my account for a while. I deleted whom I no longer wanted to be in contact with when I came back and guess what? Most of them didn't even notice...