Notices

Need some words of wisdom

Old 12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need some words of wisdom

Alright, so I have been acting stupid. No alcohol involved, but the chaos is still there.

I have been driving on a suspended license, without insurance. No excuse, I know.

I was finally caught, and got a ticket , the cop was nice enough to let me drive my oldest to college and go straight home.

Today, I had an appointment at the Detroit VA, in reference addiction. I had an accident on the way there.

I am terrified to call the cops and tell them because I am afraid they will put me in jail.

I know I am responsible, and I will pay, but I am on a fixed income Veterans Disability and cant come up with hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

Is it just my fear of authority that is keeping me frozen like this?
I dont know, if anyone has some words of action or wisdom for me, please tell me.

Beth
Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beth,

How bad was the accident? Why do you need to call the cops?

Did you miss your appointment at the VA?

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-23-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Was any other cars involved? In all cases a police report is filled out when, more then one vehicle is involved for the insurance companies.

There are insurance companies that, you can pay monthly. If, that helps you out any. You don't want to go to jail for driving without insurance. I'd have family or friend do the driving until, you get insurance.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Beth,

How bad was the accident? Why do you need to call the cops?

Did you miss your appointment at the VA?

Love,

Lenina
oh no, not bad at all. as a matter of fact i didnt notice my car door was dented in until i got to the hospital.
i think i got the worst of it, the other car was a big old cadillac.
no i went to va, i seriously just thought some dust was knocked of the back door.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Was any other cars involved? In all cases a police report is filled out when, more then one vehicle is involved for the insurance companies.

There are insurance companies that, you can pay monthly. If, that helps you out any. You don't want to go to jail for driving without insurance. I'd have family or friend do the driving until, you get insurance.
yes, as soon as i can, probably dec 31 when i get my deposit i will get insurance, and definitely no driving till then.
none at all.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wicked,

Glad to hear it was so minor. Maybe a "pay attention call" from your HP? CaptZing has a good idea about getting the insurance on a month to month basis. Is that something you can do?

Can someone take you the places you need to go until you can get it straightened out? Can you use public transportation?

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-23-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wicked,

Glad to hear it was so minor. Maybe a "pay attention call" from your HP? CaptZing has a good idea about getting the insurance on a month to month basis. Is that something you can do?

Can someone take you the places you need to go until you can get it straightened out? Can you use public transportation?

Love,

Lenina
yes, i admit i havent reached out like i should, just being stubborn and wanting to do things my way. and definitely a pay attention call from my HP.

so glad it was minor, a few dollars will pay the damage.

yes, i had insurance taken from my deposit automatically until november.
i paid a large fine for letting another thing go, (250 dollars) and when that was taken out, there was no money for the insurance.
i have been told since michigan is in such dire straits they are willing to work something out with what i get from the VA. some pay is better than no pay.
50% unemployment in Detroit.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wicked,

I've heard about the unemployment rate in Detroit, that's tragic. It truly is. I hope they will work something out for you with the garnishment. Do you think just the basic insurance would be affordable?

Give some insurance companies a call and see what they can work out for you. I'll be keeping you in my positive thoughts. I used to have USAA for insurance, it's for military/ex-military and they were great for me!

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

wicked,

I've heard about the unemployment rate in Detroit, that's tragic. It truly is. I hope they will work something out for you with the garnishment. Do you think just the basic insurance would be affordable?

Give some insurance companies a call and see what they can work out for you. I'll be keeping you in my positive thoughts. I used to have USAA for insurance, it's for military/ex-military and they were great for me!

Love,

Lenina
i never thought of USAA! Thank you for the tip, i will check it out.