Notices

tired of it all

Old 12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tired of it all

i am going to the dr's christmas eve to talk about my drinking and depression...........i have not been a hard drinker for long but an tired of waking up hungover..........i am thankful of this site and hope that i will some day soon say i am one who is in recovering.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community.....

When I was diagnosed with situational depression
my doctor suggested Alcoholics Anonymous.

It's been an awesome adventure for me...

Good to see you here.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinglenluvnit View Post
i am going to the dr's christmas eve to talk about my drinking and depression...........i have not been a hard drinker for long but an tired of waking up hungover..........i am thankful of this site and hope that i will some day soon say i am one who is in recovering.
"Recovery begins when one alcoholic shares with another his experience strength and hope"

You are already recovering... with some work, you can recover.

Just a word of advice, take it or leave it:

Be as COMPLETELY honest with you doctor. This may be your only chance. The good news is, it maybe the only chance you need!

We do recover!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you....i need some kind of hope..........
Old 12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

cing,

Welcome! These threads are filled with miracles and hope. Reading them helps me a lot. I'm glad you're seeing your doctor. Do be honest. S/he can help you better and you can get started feeling better! It does happen!

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan to me, good luck with the appointment...let us know how you get on...stick around, you don't want to miss out on another inside joke:-)
Old 12-22-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Cingleluvnit)))

As ((Lenina)) said, SR is FULL of hope. You can read through old posts, on the newcomer's thread and see where people have a month, 6 months, YEARS of clean/sober time. Maybe check out the forum, I think it's called "where you were" or something like that - people are supposed to have a year of clean/sober time before htey postt there.

I also agree with ((BasIam)) about your dr. I was an RN for years, before I lost that career to my addiction. Doctor's are not supposed to be judgmental - if yours is, find another one. They are simply interested in getting you back to optimum health status and can only help you if you are totally honest.

My DOC (drug of choice) was crack. I work in a restaurant, and cops used to come in there all the time. Somehow the conversation, one night, ended up with me telling them of my using time. An officer told me "I hope you know you are blessed...most people don't ever make it off crack". I thannked him, I willl have 3 years clean in March.

My recovery journey hasn't been a piece of cake..I've dealt with financial/career/legal consequences from the time I used. However, I can honestly say that even on my WORST days, they were far better than any day I usd. I also know that the things I do, today, will not cause me MORE bad consequences in the future.

Support from other RA's (recovering alcoholics/addicts) is crucial - you can easily find it in AA, but I also found a few family memebers and clug to SR as a liefline. I hav sevearal friends from here that I keep in touch with on e-mail through my blackberry when I can't get onto SR.

When we want recovery, we just put all the energy we used into getting our mind-numbing substances into recovery, and we move forward...one step/minute/hour/day ata tiem.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-22-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My recovery began with telling my psychiatrist about my drinking. I didn't mean to, I was going to her for depression which was quickly getting deeper and deeper. She asked about suicidal thoughts and I said "only when I'm drinking". I can laugh at it now, but until then I was careful not to tell doctors or counselors how much I drank and still managed to think I didn't have a problem. Once I was honest and gave myself over to getting help life got a lot better. I hope it does for you too.