Notices

Day 23 - OH YEAH

Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 23 - OH YEAH

Today is DAY 23 for me of 100% complete sobriety. It feels so good to just LIVE LIFE !!! I can't really explain it, but the days are so clear and understandable now. No more worries about the next pill or drink. OMG, I can't believe I'm saying this. Never thought I would be able too.

Some things that I have done in the past 23 days to stay on track:

1. Joined a One-On-One counselor session. It happens 3 times a week for 2-3 hours per visit. The entire process will be 3-4 months. My counselor is flat out AWESOME !!!!

2. Joined a local AA-GROUP. It took some getting used to, but things are working well. It's nice to see that everyone is in the same boat as me. It's very easy to talk about things. This was a major problem for me in the past, but that hurdle is now overcome !!

3. Joined a local daily Treatment Group. Now this was not mandatory for me. All the individuals in this meeting are required to be there. It helps me stay focused and just listen and learn about things. Also, I'm getting to know more people that has this HORRIBLE DISEASE !!

3. Got one of my "Marbles" back. Kind of a Symbolic thing that my counselor gave me. I will get my 2nd marble later in treatment. I keep it with me always.

4. Got my first AA-GROUP token last week in the meeting. Another thing I keep with me at all times for just the moment that I need to just take a breath and ponder about life.

5. Completed STEP-1 and I'm now moving onto STEP-2. This was a HUGE deal for me. It made me feel good that I had accomplished something. Call it a GOAL or whatever, it's a HUGE step in the RIGHT direction.

I wanted to thank all of you here on SR. Without your support over the past 23 days, I would never had made it this far. THANKS EVERYONE !!

LOVE YAH !!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Now that's the way ya do it! Thanks for sharing your program of recovery and a great message, and congrats on your progress.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's all about taking action.
Well done!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are moving forward. Way To Go!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Aweee Rock I for one am deeply touched I guess its kinda like seing your child walk for the first time .. Seeing you that first day when you came into chat and seekin help on posting and I followed your trail , And replyed with a please come back in and lets talk ..

Im estatic to see progress in those who truly truly wish recovery in there lifes .. your doing soooooooooo flipping fantasic . I had tears reading this post and seeing the lenghts to which youve gone to accecpt your addiction and get help ..

Makin meeting and all the other things your doing . keep sharing your experiences hun . Your gonna touch many ppl with them , Like I said to you and im sure youve heard this before . You gotta give it to get it .. and I got it today big time thanks from the bottom of my toes for sharing that .... much respect and luv your family SR friend Rho ( endzy !
Old 12-16-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats
Sounds like you are really on the right track.
Life truly is sooo much better sober.
Keep on posting.
Fred
Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You're doing so great!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on moving forward, Rock! A lot of people here kept saying, just wait, it gets better. I didn't truly believe them at first, but as I've moved forward in my recovery, I find that it does get better, WAY better, nearly each and every day
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So proud of you!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

awesome!!!!!

love the symbology of 'getting your marbles back' too!

keep up the great work and happy sobriety
Old 12-19-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
20/12/09

This post gives me hope...congrats and hope in 22 days I can too be as happy as you!