Notices

Relationships

Old 12-05-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relationships

Hi all,

Been sober now for three months after a slip. The going is tough what with financial worries and job worries in this recession. My husband is also going through a tough time trying to keep his business afloat. He is becoming withdrawn and moody.

I try to get him to talk about things that bother him but the truth is I feel I've got nothing left to give. I feel so exhausted just trying to keep myself together and look after our kid. I feel our relationship is going downhill but powerless to do anything.

This is the person who has helped me put my life back together and stuck with me through the bad times. I feel like the most selfish person ever. But I've got nothing. What can I do?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear your relationship is strained with all the other problems you have going on, but you are staying sober so my hat goes off to you for that. Hang in there, and keep your sobriety as the number one priority. Yeah, that may sound selfish but look at it this way; you can't be a good wife, mother, or a good anything else if you are drunk. Your sobriety must always come first. Things may get better soon, or it may take a while, but hang in there. The important thing to remember is that you can be okay even if things are going to hell around you.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We have our rough spells. Me and hubby are both in recovery. He owns his own business and when its slow I feel his stress. Its natural. When we do the footwork our HP places the right people and things in our life when we need it. I shared how slow it was with my sponsor. She won't admit it but I think she sent some customers our way. Just enough to get us through the holidays. Its amazing how our HP graces us when we are doing the footwork. Hang in there. Hugs to you.