Notices

Kicked Out Of AA Club

Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I like the part about cussing someone out
then twisting it so that you refer to yourself as 'wounded'.

that you ... the wound-ER...not the wound-ED.

Could it get more classic?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
mergirl

It hurts me to watch someone beat their head against a wall so hard it might kill them.

I used to do it as well, and yet, I can't figure out why people do it for the life of me.

It's just sad
Old 12-04-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Anyways just another example of AA letting me down.
I would be willing to bet that AA Members have put more effort into your sobriety than you ever have yourself. Assuming you're for real and not just a Troll!
Remember one thing! It's "You" that keeps letting you down. Nothing else!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

all the replys are giving him exactly what he wants .. the attention and debate
Old 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endzoner View Post
Doesn't seem like much of a debate. haha. Seems like everyone here has the same opinion! lol.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
I would be willing to bet that AA Members have put more effort into your sobriety than you ever have yourself. Assuming you're for real and not just a Troll!
Remember one thing! It's "You" that keeps letting you down. Nothing else!
I'd think he was a "troll" if it he hadn't bounced around here for more than 3 years with over 1000 posts!!

The sad thing is I truly think he believes his own BS. Of course I believed mine for a long time too.

Tibs, I just hope you somehow find it in you to understand that YOU are the problem. Not the ER doctors who won't give you the drugs you want, not the AA members who kick you out of a meeting for showing your a$$, not the many people here who have offered you both positive advice and support, both 12-step and non 12-step related. It is YOU! Until you accept this you will continue to be a hopeless drunk. Nothing changes if nothing changes. (AA slogan even though I'm not part of the clan!) I don't think you are stupid, and even if you were, you have been told hundereds of times what you need to do to help yourself, but you continue to argue and fight and blame it on everyone but yourself. It's gonna kill you man. Maybe you don't care. The sad thing is alot of folks around here do. Hope you someday get it together. It took me a long time and a lot of angry posts before I finally "got it". I just hope it's not too late for you. Take care.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Obviously dealing with a guy that enjoys attention and causing pain. I bet if we could look through his computer screen, we would see him laughing at all of us because he s getting exactly what he so desperately craves..... attention! He can't get it positively, so he gets it negatively.

I majored in elementary education for 3 years in college before switching to business. We learned about this behavior with 5 year olds. Most of it comes from not enough attention at home, so they get it the only way they know how.

What I really can't tell though is if he really wants to get sober. I read some of his previous threads, and he has been doing this for years!

So Tib, all I can say is if you really want sobriety, and care to recover, get serious. Let us help you. If not, quit ruining this forum for those who really want/need it. Take control of your OWN life!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Enzoner wrote:
while this is correct, I post keeping in mind the
lurker.
I can't get the mental image of
the person who comes here
scared
alone
and too afraid to sign in.

We have no way of knowing, really
how many of them there really are.

I write what I write
with them in mind.

I dunno why.

Just something I'm compelled to do.

So even though those of us who've been reading this guy
for years know that probably nothing we say is going to work
*at least if the past is any indicator*

it might work for someone who needs the help
and is ready to receive it.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well the Board of Directors had their monthly meeting & have decided that I am not banned! I am on some type of probation or something though. Basically another outburst & I'm gone. The coffee is free for "those in need" who don't have the 25 cents to put in the box. A friend of mine who witnessed the incident called me & told me to keep coming back and not to be embarrassed. I can't believe I'm being called a "troll". Look at how many years of dedication I have put in here! I realize the man that walked out of that meeting has issues with the "wet" drunk. O well I have the desire to stop although most here do not believe me. I only post my experience with the program and I believe that it scares some people. U folks are right there are over 3,000 meetings a week in the Chicago area. Why do I continue to go back to this club that I hate? I really don't know.

tiburon
Old 12-04-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you will be going back.
I so hope this will be your final drunk.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Good to know you will be going back.
I so hope this will be your final drunk.
Thanks Carol my cussing out the man was rather mild I suppose but still wrong.
I suppose that you have had to ban people from SR. I'm glad I have not received that punishment as I do read SR quite a bit. I avoid the Family and Friends section because it hurts me too much. I realize how much I have hurt my family when I read it.

tib
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well man I wish you all the best. I started imagining a angry response but then I realized it wouldn't do any good to throw my hat into that ring. I can see your in pain--we have all been there... look I have been burned by people in AA--I am not talking about the stuff that you complain about--I mean really really burned--I could write a book about it, cry about it (I have) but eventually one day I realized I had to get sober no matter what anybody else has or will do...
I hope you reach that point...

With Love,

Clayton
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
Well the Board of Directors had their monthly meeting & have decided that I am not banned! I am on some type of probation or something though. Basically another outburst & I'm gone. The coffee is free for "those in need" who don't have the 25 cents to put in the box. A friend of mine who witnessed the incident called me & told me to keep coming back and not to be embarrassed. I can't believe I'm being called a "troll". Look at how many years of dedication I have put in here! I realize the man that walked out of that meeting has issues with the "wet" drunk. O well I have the desire to stop although most here do not believe me. I only post my experience with the program and I believe that it scares some people. U folks are right there are over 3,000 meetings a week in the Chicago area. Why do I continue to go back to this club that I hate? I really don't know.

tiburon
Glad they are "taking you back", so to speak. I sometimes wonder why you continue to go to AA meetings, when you show such a disdain for the program, but if it helps you in some way, I guess that is your business. You don't really have to explain yourself to anyone on that one. I've had my "issues" with the program over the years, so I don't go, but sometimes I kinda long for the companionship of meetings. For me, it's kinda like church. I'd really like it if it weren't for all that God stuff!!!

I really do believe you do have a desire to stop drinking. Unfortunatly that in itself is not enough. I had a desire to quit my DOC over 7 years ago when I first came here. However I only now have 7 months clean. What I lacked was the willingness to do the work and make the necessary changes in my life to achieve that desire.

I know I'm probably not telling you anything you haven't heard before. I was told many, many times as well. I don't really know what changed that made me decide to "quit for real". Lord knows I've put myself and my loved one's through more than enough over the years. The stays in the mental ward didn't stop me. The divorce didn't stop me. Having to move in with my parents (that was the only way they would release me from the mental ward) didn't stop me. Just one day, I decided I wanted to stop. Then I did it again the next day. Then it became a week, a month, etc. I don't really count days, the only reason I remember the date is it was my going away party when I moved. Gotta say, I went out with a bang!!

I really hope you can find what you are looking for, both here and in life in general. Try and take care of yourself.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Tib,

I am glad you are only on probation. The man that walked out has every right to do what he feels fit, his ideas are his reality, not yours.

Love yourself, love yourself enough to want to get well and live a full and wonderful life. You are so blessed to have this life and this opportunity to help yourself and others. Take full advantage of it, you are blessed just for being born. Imagine the things you are capable of!

Take good care of yourself, take care of others, and God will take care of you.

May there be peace and earth and let it begin with you. When you feel angry, or you feel as if you are not being treated fairly...remember these words.

My best to you as always,

BA
Old 12-04-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Always good to see you Tib, scrappy as ever.
How long are you going to hang out in a 12 step program without doing the steps? sh!t or get off the pot, You are not a big AA fan that's cool. Find something else.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Always good to see you Tib, scrappy as ever.
How long are you going to hang out in a 12 step program without doing the steps? sh!t or get off the pot, You are not a big AA fan that's cool. Find something else.

Good to see you too Rob . I like that term "scrappy".

tiburon
Old 12-04-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Why not check out the local mission, they have free coffee and probably some soup. Better yet, your local county jail will spring for a bolgna sandwich on Wonder bread. On a good day they'll even give you a fruit cup. Plus, you don't have to put up with all that AA crap. On the other hand, on Sundays they do send the preacher around, but you won't even have to spend as much time with him as you would a whole hour in an AA meeting for a lousy cup of coffee. The options for you have no bounds, Tib
Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BP44 View Post
Why not check out the local mission, they have free coffee and probably some soup. Better yet, your local county jail will spring for a bolgna sandwich on Wonder bread. On a good day they'll even give you a fruit cup. Plus, you don't have to put up with all that AA crap. On the other hand, on Sundays they do send the preacher around, but you won't even have to spend as much time with him as you would a whole hour in an AA meeting for a lousy cup of coffee. The options for you have no bounds, Tib

You are suggesting I'm better off in jail than trying to get sober in an AA Alano club? The option for you is to go to AA like a robot or die drunk. I find that sadder than my own life. The option for you is to beat a person when they are already down. I'm sure u have several years of "sobriety" & are quite a big shot at the local AA meetings. You win the "classiest" post to my original posting. Keep the friendly & valuable advice coming. I seem to receive more personal attacks than good advice. But like Rob said, I am pretty darn "scrappy."

tiburon
Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
The option for you is to go to AA like a robot or die drunk. I find that sadder than my own life.
I do go to AA because it's life or death for me tib, but I've never felt like a robot, and there's nothing sad about being spiritually rich beyond my wildest dreams and expectations. And having several years of sobriety doesn't make me a big-shot, it just shows that the program works.

I'm sorry if you feel that you're being personally attacked. Care and unconditional love mean a lot to me, I take it and treasure it as a gift.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tib

you keep putting this back to what other people do to you....
things really do change when you start thinking about what you can do for yourself.

D