Notices

I need help so badly, PLEASE

Old 11-04-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Jason,

I'm a recovering alcoholic...I sounded a lot like you a couple of years ago. I spent my 22nd birthday in the hospital from just laying in bed and drinking and blacking out for days and days. It got to the point where my parents were searching my room to make sure there was no alcohol in there.

Alcoholism is so terrible and so scary, but you can beat it. Just being on this website and reading people's stories helped me so much. I wish you the best.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Jason.....
Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum

Yes....we have many members who are winning over alcohol.
Glad to know you are here and seeking a
healthy sober future....
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hello there Jason and welcome to sr.please do what others have suggested.it is vital you have medical attention.and then get on the phone to AA pronto.alot of folk when they come into the rooms of AA think their life is over.it is in fact by following some simple directions just begining.i was taken to a meeting at 18,but of course i knew better,i was ok,nothing wrong with me.im 37 now and just got of the fast track to h£ll 9 months ago.please do something now Jason.it only gets worse and worse.please keep us posted.you are in my prayers.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jason88 View Post
Also with most alcoholics, I smoke entirely too much. I have smoked god....sense i think i was about 15. I smoke almost a pack an a half during a 24hr period. About a half pack when im sober for about 5hrs of the day, then when i start drinking i start smoking almost every 30minutes. I want to quit tha as well, but for now, my main focus is on quitting drinking. thank you to all that supported my decision. I really am kinda hesitant to call AA though...just seems like a very extreme thing to do, its like calling a number if your getting ready to kill yourself....idk..
Trying AA won't make your life worse. It could make your life much better! My life is great now that I am involved in AA. I try to stay involved, and keep going back.

AA isn't perfect but it can help many individuals completely abstain from alcohol for very long periods of time. For instance, I don't know how many people I know that have twenty plus years of sobriety under their belt. Some of them might have drank harder and longer than you and they still were able to quit and stay quit using the help from the fellowship of AA.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hey jason, yes most of us are recovering, form either alch or something else. im a young guy like you, who was drinking about the same amount every night. talk to aa, and talk to people here.

here you will learn quick that threre is a million people who have gone through what you have, alot of times they were worse than you. they have quit and have got there life back. so you can too.

im on day 3 sober buddy. after 6 years drinking every night. you can do it
Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I should mention that you should seek medical treatment when you are quitting alcohol. I just visited a member of my home group last night that is really struggling and going through detox again.

This individual is really hooked on the stuff. For instance, when he tries to quit he often has seizures along with hallucinations.

Doesn't sound fun at all! He has had about five or six seizures so far this year.

This guy is struggling so much that we are trying to get him into treatment following detox. I don't know how many more times he can detox before it kills him. Each episode seems to become a little worse! Luckily, I only experienced heightened anxiety when I eliminated alcohol. I felt uncomfortable, but I never felt in danger. That was me though.

Glad you are here, and welcome to the forum.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

At this point, if you can go to AA and feel like you dont need alcohol afterwards even for just one day you've accomplished a major victory in your battle.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pijandura View Post
At this point, if you can go to AA and feel like you dont need alcohol afterwards even for just one day you've accomplished a major victory in your battle.
It all starts with not drinking one day. Then you try it again the next.

I am still doing that and I am on day 204 without a drop of alcohol! I plan on not drinking today too!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

pijandura....
Welcome to SR and our Alcoholism Forum