Notices

3 Weeks and....

Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Weeks and....

Hello Friends! Well in a couple of days it will be 3 weeks sober and feeling alittle better every day and have no Cravings at all,just the usual anxiety and can't sleep very well,but it will get better. Thanks for your support!

This is alittle out of place,but thought I would share.
In trying to put my life back together,which included a change in employment,today I went for my interview and to seal the deal,pass the drug test. Well I have been on a Benzo for quite a few years and of course it showed up. I have been under my Doctors care with the med and honest about my 7 years of drinking,which is now in my past. To keep this short! The employer nor the place I went to asked if I was taken any meds. So now the u/a goes to the lab and the company put me on hold for starting the job of course,and they said they would call in a couple of days. Yes I have a prescipt for the med, and I am wondering if I should go ahead and have my Doc Fax something to the company or just wait and see if they actually call me back. It should not be a problem in reality,but it just sucks that somehow they will find out most everything about you. I just don't need any setbacks right now and fill like a pill head that got caught.
Anyhow,thanks for listening and any input on this is welcome.

Thanks SR,

Ron
Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hey ron!

congrats (a bit early but what the heck)

and about the other - I'd just let the universe ... unfold.

I mean - if they really want to hire you,
they'll ask for the scrip if necessary.

It's a hard lesson for me ,
just letting things happen as they naturally happen....
but it's worked ... amazingly well.

As long as they know -
then you've done your part.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Ron
You aren't saying just how "it showed up" Or how you know it showed up. But since you know that they know, and times being so hard. I would bend over backwards to prove that I was being prescribed whatever it is they found. (as long as you are sure they found it).
Maybe a little more info would help us.
Fred
Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was standing next to the nurse when she ran the 15 panel test. She asked if I take a med and I said yep. The test showed a type of Benzo,I knew it would because I am taking a presciption. So it has to be sent to a lab to define which Benzo it is,and it better line up with your prescript. They sent the results back to the employer before I got to the car and the Company called saying that I tested pos.No shock there! And told them I take a med by doctor's orders and they said they would call me when the results come back from the lab. It would be no different if I was taking a pain killer. The law says if you are prescribed a Narcotic,they can't hold it against you. Thats my understanding.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

The lab's job is just to run the test and not to interpret why it was pass or fail. I would recommend that you be proactive with the employer since you know it went back to them positive. Have your doctor write a note of your behalf. I don't know the exact labor law in Texas, so it might be worth doing a little research on this.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know the labour laws there either, Ron, but I'd be proactive - what have you got to lose?

D
Old 10-22-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'd get my doctor on it. Good luck getting the Job... congratulations on your time it really gets a lot better...

Clayton