Notices

Thoughts...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Your post haunted me.
I wish you the power to find a better sober life. I hope you find the key to your prison. It's inside you and the eyes of your son.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I remember every moment of the hell you just described. I never thought of that "next" trip to the liquor store.. the next drunk.. what it could bring. Just once more.. until I almost killed myself, other people, almost lost my job and my husband in ONE day. Almost.. next time? yep.. I'm sure of it.

You can get out of this, you know you can.. you have for moments long enough to know how good it feels, I remember.

Please get help debs.. anything different than what you've done before.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
where the light is

Originally Posted by debs View Post
Ya know, it's funny... my brother and sister in law and I were talking openly about my alcoholism (which I instigated), and they were very honest with me in saying, 'We don't understand it. But we're TRYING to. We're praying for you, and we want you to never ever feel like you can't tell us anything.'

That was profoundly beneficial to me- they really DO care.

But NOTHING outweighs the strength you can gain from a person who truly DOES understand.... a person who is also an alcoholic.
I've been sober for almost 22 months and no doubt I would not have made it this far without AA (sponsor, 12 steps, meetings). But the support of my dear sister (not an alcoholic) has been invaluable.

Yes, even though we are alcoholics & have made some bad choices we are still loved. And we are all imperfect human beings. Everyone has their challenges.

Ask your brother & sister-in-law to read "The Doctor's Opinion" in the Big Book. It may help them understand what you are dealing with.

Best wishes.

Last edited by gravity; 10-14-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just want to take a second to say thank you debs for your post. You speak the truth. I found this place some time ago, I believe when you first posted, and have followed your journey since. You have been an inspiration and I admire your honesty and hope you continue on the right path... you seem strong. Thanks for sharing so much, and many well wishes to you.. I believe you'll make it. You've given me hope and understanding, even if you don't realize it... stay strong.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by towhere View Post
I just want to take a second to say thank you debs for your post. You speak the truth. I found this place some time ago, I believe when you first posted, and have followed your journey since. You have been an inspiration and I admire your honesty and hope you continue on the right path... you seem strong. Thanks for sharing so much, and many well wishes to you.. I believe you'll make it. You've given me hope and understanding, even if you don't realize it... stay strong.
Thank you, towhere. That was precious.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Debs.... I'm praying for you, sweetie.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How are you doing Debs?