Notices

Went to a new doctor today..

Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to a new doctor today..

Blood pressure still a little high.. But this isnt a physical report.. Its basically letting you know make sure you have a doctor that understands our disease and does not judge...

My last doctor was an absolute *******.. Had zero understanding and I dreaded even seeing him.. HE'S FIRED!

I'm day 5.. Feeling better! Ya'll have a great day.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good thing finding a new doctor. I think it is really important to find a provider who treats you like a patient with a treatable disease vs. someone with a moral issue or problem who will chide you each time you mess up. The reality is that each time you don't adhere perfectly to their treatment plan, it is them as the treatment provider who needs to alter and meet you where you are at, not blame you for having a problem and make you feel even crappier and more alone in the struggle. Good job on seeing the other doctor for what he was and firing him!

My blood tests weren't all that bad in the beginning but I just got all my cholesterol tests back recently and they were all perfect/ideal levels. This was changed from four months ago, and better from 4 months before that. I have been sober a year (and eating a lot of ice cream ) Point is that the body really does heal itself. My doctor said, "either you have really good genes or it is your new healthy lifestyle." In terms of that stuff I have the worst genes ever so yay. It is miraculous. People keep being like, you look so skinny (even though I seriously think pound on scale wise I have only lost 10 lbs), you look so good, what is it? what are you doing? I am like, not drinking. And they just go, "no, not drinking doesn't do that." Um, yeah, not drinking and recovery (meaning reducing stress etc) does do that when you drank so much in your previous life....internally and externally you are in for a big, positive change....
Old 10-05-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am really glad you did see a doctor.
Well done on your early sobriety...