Notices

desperate plea for help

Old 09-21-2003, 05:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Gianna and Carlo,

I'm almost 4 days sober and feeling good! I even survived my birthday. My father in law...kind of a pushy Japanese guy insisted on a toast with me. I didn't do it.

Carlo, I really appreciated your tips. Yeah, I can't sleep at all. 2-3 hours a day. My eyes are sore and I see weird things when I close my eyes but I can I can handle that. BTW, when will sleeping return to normal (or when did it for you)?

Kayenta, how are you?

Thanks again,

Lane
Old 09-21-2003, 07:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats awsome four says WTG!!! The first month is tough but so rewarding. When we see days then weeks. It is great. Keep up the good work and remember we are all here for you!!

Wish I could help ya on the sleep thing but I got off of heroin and it took me months to sleep. I can asure you it should not take that long. However I do suggest if it is real tough. Ask your doc to perscribe a non-narcotis sleep medicine just for a little while to help get you on track but I dont suggest continuing them even non-narcotic are addicting.Two weeks maybe
Old 09-21-2003, 10:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Lane,

Congratulations on your 4 days! That is wonderful! As for the sleep part, well, that may take a while. Even though physically, in 72 hours you should be more or less back to normal, I think it takes a long time for all patterns to level out. For my part, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I just get up and log on here. Laying in bed and trying to sleep is the worst. My mind gets going and there is just nothing for it but to start doing. I will say that when I get to the gym or do one of my Tango nights, the physical activity is a great help.

Don't worry about it; by not drinking you have the big one taken care of. The rest will follow.

I look forward to your next post,
Gianna
Old 09-26-2003, 07:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi everyone,

I'm proud to say I've got a week (8days) under my belt. I feel good and the past two nights I slept like a baby (alcohol and drug free, of course).

I took someone on this forums advice to find alternative things to do during the times I would normally drink. Well, I've joined a sports club, started reading recreationally more and take long walks whenever I've got the urge to drink.

Life is so much better looking at it through clear eyes and an alert mind. I once heard a guy in a movie (he was in an AA meeting) say that "if non-alcoholics only knew how wrong it fealt for US to be sober....." well,although sobriety can be uncomfortable at times I'm finding it a welcomed change.

Next goal: 2 weeks.

I'm glad I found this place. I know I don't post much but as for now it's helpful for me to read other's stories/advice, etc.

Thanks,

Lane
Old 09-26-2003, 08:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Lane,

8 days!!! That's great!! I am really glad to see you here; I was wondering how you were doing.

Life is so much better with a clear mind, isn't it. Makes you question what you were doing clouding things up. Of course, I know from experience that from the barstool one cannot imagine a sober life anymore than from a sober life can we imagine wanting to drink.

Hang in there,
Gianna
Old 09-27-2003, 06:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You are such an inspiration Thanks for keeping us posted. I am sooooooo very proud of you. You are well on your way. Just remember when the road seems bumpy and you know longer want the bumps hold on tight the road gets smoother up a head. Sometimes we need the bumps to let the crap fall out of the car. LOL No use in carring the crap around with us. So let the crap go and hang on tight don't fall out.

Sometimes I am just so freaken silly !!!!!!