Notices

Time to say goodbye

Old 09-18-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time to say goodbye

...and not the Andrea Botticelli song.

I don't think I'll be posting here anymore - maybe I'll change my mind, but i doubt it.

I wish you all luck in your journeys. I have met some thoughtful and considerate people here - people whose company I think I'd enjoy in 'real life'. I've met others too of course

I feel I've learned quite a lot from my discussions with you all, and I hope maybe some of you have learned something or being helped in some way by my participation.

The reason I don't feel like staying is because of the moderating style here. I'm not saying it is wrong, just that it isn't to my tastes.
I participate, or have done, in maybe 20 different internet forums on a wide range of topics, dealing with a wide range of people from all over the world. I've been a moderator on at least 3, including one at least as big as this site. I've run my own site too, so I feel I know a little about the subject.
I realise that this forum deals with sensitive and troubled people at a difficult time in their life, but I consider the constant deletion and locking of posts to be counter-productive - I think there are simply much better ways of handling the issue. Regardless that is only my opinion, and this is not my site, so I don't make the rules. I do not wish to imply anything cynical about the moderating style - I am sure it is done with the best of intentions, but it has too much of a kindergarten feel to it for me - I accept the need for moderation in general, just not in this manner.

Once again - I genuinely wish anyone here all the best in their struggles - and who knows where our paths may cross again. I'm sure those curious enough can find me if they wish.

Take care and may whatever higher power you believe in help you on your respective ways.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm....
Yes it's true that SR is not for everyone and we ask
our members to follow our rules as they agreed on when joining.
Those who do not will have that post removed.

It's also true that some people join us the futher their own interest
by using our members and leave links to sites they promote.
Then they move on.

Enjoy your journey