Notices

How much money did you spend a week on alcohol?

Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

About 100$ per week, with some fluctuation (drinking at home would clock in at about $60 weekly, but going out 2 nights per week might result in a big spike as wine's more expensive in restaurants).
Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

minimum 3 times a week drinking at least two bottles of wine each time--75 dollars?

add bar tab once a week--40?

115 - 125 a week.

----

approx 500 a month.

wow.

no wonder i can now afford a housekeeper once a month and treat myself to some spa days!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
How much money did you spend a week on alcohol.

How much did you spend per month?

Bananaman.

Well that's an interesting question, BMAN. I was always too drunk to know. All I know is I ALWAYS had money for my Scotch.

I do think the fact I was able to buy a small car for cash after the first year of sobriety must be an indication of something in terms of money, LOL
Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I would buy a six pack of Keystone 16OZ cans every day, and it was $4.62 x 7 = $32.34 a week. Sometimes I would treat myself to my favorite beer which was Bud Light Lime and that was $7 a six pack.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I haven't drank in awhile not keeping tack of how long or I become obsessive.
Not counting the dollars for hubby's drinking. I spent 23$ a month a tiny amount...but I was am still a alcoholic. It's not how much you spend. I could not go one night with out drinking, 2 shots of vodka 3-4 glasses a night.
I thought it was the light in the bathroom making my skin look odd, my stomach all bloated, thank god once I stopped drinking my skin color is back to normal and my stomach is not all beer belly looking.

I just don't want someone to read this thread and say geez I only spend a twenty a month on liquer so I'm not a alcholic.

My hubby is a alcholic to, except he still drinks he spends 83$ a month on liquer, another small amount but he has still fallen down, and pissed in the closet once.
We were/are the walking definition of a fucticional alcoholic. No DUI's, hubby until he retired had a high paying job and I own my buisness.

So anyone reading this its not the $$$ amount you drink it's if you can't go with out drinking or if you don't drink one day you say to your self hey I went one day without drinking I'm not dependent on it. If you think about drinking and count down for a certain time to come around so you can drink. You probably have a drinking problem.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
EntertheSticks

Booze bill alone: 50-75 dollars a night at the bar.
pack of cigarettes: 7.00
juke box/food/cabs: 15-30 a night
Drugs: 0-100 dollars per week
Pre game: 10-20 dollars per night
Energy drinks/Gatorades/etc for replenishment: 20 dollars per week

throw in a few doctor bills from getting sick, lost wages, etc: and I dont even want to add it up.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

and what is the meaning of this post? why do we need to say how much we spent...
Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Klp9999 View Post

My hubby is a alcholic to, except he still drinks he spends 83$ a month on liquer, another small amount but he has still fallen down, and pissed in the closet once.
Wow i'm not hte only one who's used the closet facilities in my stuper. I also used the bathroom scale and front of the big screen *sigh*

are we married?

i bought a case every other day at the very least 30 in a case. so 60-100 a week at least. what gts me is i'm still broke so i'm not sure where that money came from or where it is now.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by THEOjibway View Post
and what is the meaning of this post? why do we need to say how much we spent...
There are two sides to it. For me, I like reading threads about people talking about how much they drank/spent on liquor because I find it interesting how different individuals went about their addiction at different levels, I also find it helpful to be able to read about the intimate drinking lives of the person(s) who are posting to be able to gain perspective. But, I also realize that it's not about how much you drink or what you spend on it because alcoholism is a disease. I would finally like to point out that some individuals do not like the threads on "how much" because for somebody in recovery, they might not think they have a problem unless they have surpassed the worst post in a specific thread or horror story. I suppose it depends on the individual. I know that I always use to compare myself to others and say "As long as I am not that drunk underneath the bridge I don't have a problem"... I have gotten past this mentality but still have a long road ahead of me. Great question though, no right or wrong answer.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
Somewhere around $400/month on wine. Yikes!
Yikes. I spent close to $300+ during the entire year of 2012 and I went at least every other two or three days off of one bottle. Rinse/Repeat.

5.99 to 9.99 variety. I don't think I have ever spent more than 10 dollars on a bottle of alcohol.

I thought I was already spending too much.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Last 10 years, my quite reduced period,round $2,200 p/a or $22,000 for the decade, would be a conservative estimate.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

@Arizona480 Fair enough I was just wondering I am not angry or anything just wanted incite on your interest. Sadly I cant remember how much I'd spend a week, I was usually plastered when buying my drinks or liquor at the store... I was so manipulative I'd get friends who weren't as drunk as I was to go in and pay for my stuff with my wallet on them in exchange to buy them a few bottles. I can never really know how much I spent because most of the time as I said I was drunk and had to act straight and for some weird reason I could go in and buy liquor and they wouldn't ask if I'd been drinking. One morning after a binge I was still drunk/hung over and I went in and my heart was pounding because I wasn't sure if I'd look sober and I was not one to go to the liquor store in the morning so I was worried they'd I.D me since not many go in the mornings to buy liquor... except those in need of it or alcoholics lol. So don't worry Im not mad just was wondering your question.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

About 3 40's of Old Sam rum, couple cases of Black Horse beer, few bottles of red wine adding up to $150 a week. Doesn't include bar drinks but I don't go out much.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Two bottles of wine £14
Four beers at 5.4% £6

= +/- £80 a month (that's at maximum, mind, some days none at all, but not many of them!)

Occasionally a bottle of spirit/Martini/sherry.

Bugger it, what a waste.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I have spent so much on money and drugs I don't even want to think about it. I wouldn't even go out to "party" if I had less than 200 dollars. I truly was madness. I remember one time I spent over 1000 dollars in under 1 hour. Alcohol and drugs destroyed my bank account. The promises really do come true. Now I have plenty of money because I don't have to support my addiction anymore. I can buy things that I really want and really need. Recovery is such a blessing.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I spent a lot of time in bars, which cost a fortune. I spent around $400 a week on booze when I quit drinking. I was single and didn't have a family so I could pretty much spend most of my earnings on booze.