Notices

Drug Of Choice

Old 09-08-2009, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drug Of Choice

Hi All,

Just a quick one but i have been thinking again (i know thats dagerous) but home come (not just me because i have spoken to a few who have same sort of feelings) after quitting our drug of choice do we (not all) start thinking the worst. As follows

I smoked for 10 years and never once thought of the anything that smoking could do to harm me until i quit. (lungs,kidneys etc)

I drank for 10 years or more never once thought of my liver or any other body organ that could be effected.

Then you stop taking drug of your choice and start (not all) thinking Sh.. man what the F... have i been doing.

Is this common, is this the fact that maybe your brain is starting to work, properly or is this you are starting to have normal feelings now your not taking drug of your choice.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Robbo,

I think your right, you are starting to feel real things & starting to care about yourself. Things are starting to work properly. Your body & mind are in the process of healing, you deserve to feel good.

Take care of yourself & make sure you get lots of rest. I read your post earlier thinking about the "maybe I can drink on weekends" thread. You know how that works out, you can do this.

Keep up the great work you have been doing on your sobriety/recovery, you deserve it.

Take Care,

NB

P.S. I just realized this is my 1,000th post on here ;-)
Old 09-08-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't speak for others but for me at least I think I always knew what it was doing to me&my body but I always tried to rationalize it. Meaning I would always tell myself "Well if I stop before I'm 40yrs old I'll be okay (or 45 yrs old or 50 yrs old etc etc". But it was always just the addition that was making myself believe that. Once my head cleared a bit then I realized that every single drink was just hurting me more and more.

Steve