Notices

The first two weeks

Old 09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The first two weeks

Well 2 weeks time isn't a long time to be able to boast about, but I've got my first 2 weeks under my belt and for me it's something I feel really good & excited about.

I've had long periods of "not drinking" in the past, but after finally getting honest with myself a couple weeks ago about who I am and what my real problems were, not just Alcohol but my problems with my ego, being such a narcissistic person, and really just having no patience made me a hard to person to be around for my family & friends even when I wasn't drinking. Heck I think many times I didn't enjoy being in my own skin so how could anyone else enjoy my company.

Over the past couple weeks I have been working on not just not drinking but also on doing everything I can to make myself a more positive person. Talking with a friend whom is a minister and having him help me with the spiritual side of recovery, re-reading the AA big book, reading "Beyond the Influence", Meditating every morning for a bit when I get up before I start my day and praying every night before I go to sleep, Taking vitamins and trying to get my diet back to a more balanced track, and trying to get a bit of an exercise routine started.

I know I still have a LONG way to go and will never be able to be "done" but so far these past two weeks have got me back to a place where I feel better than I have since I was a kid and just wanted to share where I'm currently at with everyone.

Another good thing is I'm actually packing right now to go up to the cabin with my family this labor day weekend. A lot of times in the past I would have stayed home so I could drink alone for 3 days in a row, but now I'm actually really looking forward to getting away and spending some quality time up north with the niece&nephew and the rest of my family.

Still got a long road ahead of me but at least I feel I've finally got my feet pointed in the right direction this time.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend here.

Steve
Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep moving forward.....
Old 09-05-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Keep it up!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're off to a great start!