Notices

what a total disaster

Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Jim)))

Sorry to hear that.

Now she get's to build a strong, healthy relationship with her awesome, sober dad!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's not "Walton's Mountain" ideal, but it sounds very far from a disaster. It sounds like a happy ending for you and your daughter - what could be more important than that?

Having been a daughter, I would venture that she see you as the really important thing. All those other people . . . pain-in-tush family - everyone has them.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad after all the years and heartache you have been reunited Jim.
Best wishes to you mate,you have much to be proud of.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
jimbo

thanks guys

after the dust has settled i am looking at this diffrently

ok the meet up was a disaster ..i was looking for ward to it for so many years

but ....

if it had gone well my daughter and i would of been going to see the fam again and much as i love them they live in a drunken druggie world a world where the SR mother ship picked me up and took me from

i live on a different planet now with no drunks no druggies no bar fights no drunken rows

my new world is fit for my daughter to live in my old world was not

its best these two worlds do not collide

thanks you guys you are the best
Old 08-22-2009, 01:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's a tough one looking back on the single dad days. Been there, done that. When kids are very young it is heartbreaking for alienated parents, male or female. The thing I like most about my kids being much older teens now is that they make their own decisions now and one day will be able to move about under their own steam and not the one sided influence of a jaded ex-spouse.

I guess the thing is to keep the channels of communication open at all times and build upon them when you can. Can you get a Green Card on the basis of having a daughter in the States? Who knows what the future may hold.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Good for you, it sounds like you have a good plan. Welcome to your new world...make yourself at home and enjoy...soberworld gets better with each passing day that you stay clean. Just watch out for the drunken aliens that show up from time to time to tempt you...put them back on the mother ship and send them home. :ghug3
Old 08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
jimbo

Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
It's a tough one looking back on the single dad days. Been there, done that. When kids are very young it is heartbreaking for alienated parents, male or female. The thing I like most about my kids being much older teens now is that they make their own decisions now and one day will be able to move about under their own steam and not the one sided influence of a jaded ex-spouse.

I guess the thing is to keep the channels of communication open at all times and build upon them when you can. Can you get a Green Card on the basis of having a daughter in the States? Who knows what the future may hold.
i believe i could get a green card

but i have a 13 year old daughter here as well i could not possibly leave her for at least three years

does anyone know for sure if you have a child that is a US citizen that you have a right to a green card ???
Old 08-22-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Immediate Relative Category

Who is eligible?

Spouse of a U.S. citizen; parent or step-parent of a U.S citizen; child or stepchild under the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen and spouse of a deceased U.S. citizen. Note: A step-parent or child will qualify for immigration only if the marriage creating the step parent/child relationship occurs before the child's eighteenth birthday.

Embassy of the U.S. London: Immediate Relative