Notices

Almost through Day Three...

Old 08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KC1

Almost through Day Three...

...but it's getting harder, as I knew it would. I blew off my Wednesday night golf league for two reasons - it's too hot out there and I also did not want to deal with the gang at the 19th hole. I stayed at work late, but on the way home, got that familiar wine craving and darned nearly pulled into the restaurant up the street for a glass of wine and dinner. But somehow I managed to drive past and right into my garage. I am now sitting in my kitchen steaming some vegetables and eating more pasta salad. Guess I can go find other rooms to clean! We do have an elliptical trainer that is gathering dust in my spare room -- I suppose instead of cleaning all night I should get off my butt and get on that thing. I know I will be back on here later. Thanks for all the support!

KC
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
I am now sitting in my kitchen steaming some vegetables and eating more pasta salad.
Sounds like a good meal for a healthy recovery, wash it down with water or a soft drink Congrats on your sober time!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

KC1 - There will come a time when the 19th hole won't be a big problem. I remember my first ski trip after I got sober - 4-5 months... my buddies wanted to go to "Mahogany Run"... It was a little rough, but didn't ruin the day or anything... Hang in there.

Congrats on the good decision you made to drive by that restaurant... Get out that elliptical and some good music, endorphins help

Mark
Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It will get easier with every passing day KC1 just hang in there.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KC1

Thanks. I am really craving the wine right now. Drinking iced tea. My veggies are done, so I can go eat those and then I think I'd better get my butt in gear and clean some more and then hop on the elliptical. The craving will rear its ugly head again around bedtime when I usually had a "last glass of wine" or a shot of vodka or limoncello. Thankfully there is only limoncello in the house and my husband "measured" the amount in the bottle before he went out of town. Not that I would drink any, but I hate that he had to do that! Bye for now.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

KC1... cravings are lies... what are the reasons you want to quit drinking?

Cravings lie to you and tell you that your reasons for quitting are not good reasons.

Constantly remind yourself WHY you decided to quit drinking, never forget.

When a craving lie arises, change the subject to WHY you quit drinking.

The truth will overcome the lies.

Keep coming back.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KC1

GREAT advice, Tommyk. Thanks! I keep telling myself how good I have felt the past two mornings waking up without a hangover. How good it is to wake up and REMEMBER everything from the night before. Why do I want to stop? Here are just a few of the reasons: blacking out on average TWO nights a week. Feeling like crap in the morning and having to drag myself to work, or even skip an early morning meeting. Have a friend tell me the next day that we almost got stopped by the police while WALKING home from a bar because I was staggering and she could not hold me up. Because I insulted a good friend when I was drunk. Because I once flirted with the CEO of my former company while drunk at a work function (you can read about that one in one of my posts from a few years ago!) Because I woke up one morning with bruises all over me and could not remember what happened (fell down trying to walk up the steps to my house). Because my husband has been scared to go out of town because he is afraid I will get drunk alone and end up hurting myself (like falling down the stairs or out the patio door) and no one will be home to help me. Gosh, it sure does work. Focus on the WHYS and not the LIES. Back later.....

KC
Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

KC....
Soon you will notice how much better/younger you look
An added unexpected plus for me...

My eyes sparkled ...hair became more shiney ...face
lost that dull bloated look.

Day 4 is coming quickly. Good for you!

Sobriety gave me a glow that beats
the heck out of any make up!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I love your positive attitude! If you need more to clean I'll give you my address!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

KC--Good luck with your recovery! Remember that nothing worth having comes easily. It's going to be tough, but we deserve better lives! Hang in there!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you!!!

You're an inspiration to all of us

Keep being strong... You can do this!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
KC....

My eyes sparkled ...hair became more shiney ...face
lost that dull bloated look.

Day 4 is coming quickly. Good for you!

Sobriety gave me a glow that beats
the heck out of any make up!
Amen! Definitely a great bonus!

Congrats to you KC, and keep it up!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep up the good fight KC

D
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KC1

OK - I just stopped home to change my clothes to go to my client entertainment event. A golf clinic with the clients, followed by beer and crabs and anything else one might want to eat or drink. Tonight is the big challenge. Alcohol will be buzzing around me, served free flowing. I am planning on ordering a club soda and cranberry. Maybe I can just duck out without anyone noticing if the LIES make an early appearance. Just gotta get through tonight. Back later.

KC
Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A fellow golfer eh?

If I get drunk, I'm not going to get up and play the next day due to my epic battle with the hangover, lol. But without the hangover, I can wake up rested, refreshed, and go out and practice again the next day and work on whatever I need to work on to get better. Fairways and greens. .
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
...but it's getting harder, as I knew it would. I blew off my Wednesday night golf league for two reasons - it's too hot out there and I also did not want to deal with the gang at the 19th hole. I stayed at work late, but on the way home, got that familiar wine craving and darned nearly pulled into the restaurant up the street for a glass of wine and dinner. But somehow I managed to drive past and right into my garage. I am now sitting in my kitchen steaming some vegetables and eating more pasta salad. Guess I can go find other rooms to clean! We do have an elliptical trainer that is gathering dust in my spare room -- I suppose instead of cleaning all night I should get off my butt and get on that thing. I know I will be back on here later. Thanks for all the support!

KC
Congrats man keep it going.
There were a few times when I chose not to drive past the bar and wound up driving thru my garage.Litterally man thru the back wall and into the backyard waking up next to an actual Doghouse-My Dogs that is.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Get through day 3 and the world is at your feet !!

“A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.”
Humphrey Bogart