Notices

So someone spoke about my matters.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
jimbo

Originally Posted by savexourxship View Post
I know exactly what you mean. And just for the record, I never actually drank at work. Did I report for duty hung over as hell? Yes! Hahah. Well im still a young guy, im only 22. From what Ive seen of this world, sometimes you have to lie. This world is so judgmental, sometimes you really do have to wear a mask in order to get through things. The only reason I dont want anyone at work to know is because I work for a police department. As a employee of this department I am obligated to conduct myself in a professional matter at all times. The big issue that I let out at my group is that I crashed my motorcycle while I was intoxicated, and that was my awakening. Well this guy goes and TELLS PEOPLE I WORK WITH! Thank the damn lord I dont believe in that I didn't get charged with DUI. Apparently in Mass you have to prove that the alcohol is what caused the accident. According to my lawyer thats nearly impossible to prove in my case, being on a motorcycle theres a zillion factors that could have caused me to lose control. And for the record, a bald tire and sand caused that accident, not vodka. But anyway, I drank a 12 pack a day for about 2 years. As of 6/29/09 I've only drank 4 times, and each time was in moderation, only a few beers. And I realize that addiction is a life long disease with no cure. But, it is fact that there is a small percentage of addicts that can use in moderation after recovery. Maybe Im one, but at the moment im still focused on sobriety.

"I'd rather than proud I am, rather than desperately trying to be something I'm not"

Thanks for the advice all!

Cheers to another day of sobriety
thanks for the reply

not nit picking just wondering

enjoy yet another great sober day
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

We had a man....came to meetings ...very secretive guy
He came in old knock a round clothes but.....
he forgot to change those shiny black shoes cops wear.
Looking closely you could spot the aankle hoster too.

A few months later....one of our regular in and outers
came back. Seeing the new man.....he loudly exclaimed
"Hi....did you come to arrest me here this time?"

Then there was a county Sherrif who drove to the next
county for meetings.....some members of our local roup use both.

And C. who parks across the road so his boss won't
see his truck in the AA parking lot. He uses the
parking next to the liquor store.flea bag motel.

Just sharing some AA happenings
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

If I were you I would insist on not being in the same group as this man...he obviously can't keep his trap shut and if he did it once, he'll do it again. Most people I've been around that behaves this way...they are very insecure and think that if they are "in the know" they try to make others look bad to make themselves look better.

Thankfully I'm at the stage of recovery that I don't care who says what about me. I use every chance I can to talk about my recovery, and the nightmare that was my life. If I can help just one person to think twice and seek recovery then that is an awesome thing. And keep in mind...most using alcoholics are very secretive about their addictions, so in being open about it, you might just end up talking to the one person that really needs it, and you probably won't even know it. :ghug3
Old 08-20-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

ugh. that's awful. try not to let it get you down. You can't control the despicable actions of others, even though you're impacted by them.
It's no reflection on you, you're doing the right things, working on your recovery, and keeping private the things others share with you.
It's a shame this happened to you.