Notices

Interventioned

Old 08-15-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Red face Interventioned

A couple of my friends intervened on me......I was shocked although when they showed up I kind of had a feeling.I'm so scared they want me to answer all kinds of questions they are giving me the benefit of the doubt.I have been talking to them in depth about the situation.I think they were surprised to find out that if I don't drink I get sick.....I don't know how to let them help me.I told them I would try to stop drinking all at once and and that I could do it by myself.my one friend insists that I stay at her house while i detox as scared as I am about it I would rather be alone......probably not the smartest thing but i don't want her to see me like that.

I just feel incredibly lucky to have such friends that care about me so much
and are willing to put their lives on hold to help me get mine back on track I am truly grateful. I just needed to vent a little bit I just really don't know what to do but at least I want to try right?????
I'm am really scared about detoxing Please pray for me
I just hope I'm strong enough to get through all this and determined enough to keep getting through it thanks for listening

""I do not want to be a dying dreamer who accompanies herself in to oblivion"--Brett Butler
Old 08-15-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are a lucky person to have people that care about you like that to help you in your time of trouble. Please make them proud with your sobriety, you & they deserve it.

A lot of us start to isolate so well that people don't even know what is going on anymore, just start to wonder about us.

Are you getting other support for yourself in regards to programs or counseling?

I look forward to reading about your recovery, we will be here during your times of need.

Take Care,

NB
Old 08-15-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are lucky to have friends that care so much about you.

Detoxing from alcohol is very dangerous. It is 7 times more deadly than detoxing from opiates. You can literally die from alcohol detox. Please do not do this alone or without medical supervision.

What are the negative effects of alcohol drinking - by Kaitlin Perry - Helium
Old 08-15-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wanted to second what Dgillz said. Detox from alcohol without medical supervision can kill you. You don't have to go to some fancy place that costs thousand's of dollars. Please check with your doctor or go to an ER and talk to them. Be honest. This is your life, and doctors have heard it all. I was a nurse for years and detox can raise your blood pressure extremely high, among other things.

You have some awesome friends who care about you. It isn't a sign of weakness to ask a physician for help...it's a sign of strength..saying "Some things you can't do alone, and it's okay to ask for help"

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
broken wings

I have been in counseling for awhile now although the last couple months have been court ordered due to my last DUI But I've been in couseling for a couple of years. I believe the isolation is what made them worry the most because I've just been sitting at home drinknig by myself and the only time I go into to town to do anything is to go to the bar so i've been at home drinking or at the bar drinking. I'm just so scared I think part of why i keep drinking is the fear of detoxing,but I feel that I truly am in trouble and I know something has to be done
Old 08-15-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I strongly suggest you check with your doctor before
abruptly quitting. Unless your friend is a medical
professional....she may not know what to do if you
run into serious problems.

I understand your fears about de toxing...most of us
can relate to a lot of your post.
Look at the situation like this.....
you are drinking yourself into real mental and physical
danger as it stands. Can 3-4 days of withdrawal