Notices

Update on my brother

Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on my brother

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions from everyone. I called and spoke to the Newport news Community Boards, and explained the situation regarding my brother. She said if he wants the help they can definately help him. I called him and told him he needed to call them himself, and if he is serious about getting the help they will assist him. I did not hear from him for three days, and last Sunday his friend called me to tell me that he made the phone call. He went to the hospital Sunday, was there all day, dismissed, and Monday morning I spoke to him early about 6:30. They were coming to pick him up, and he was going in to a facility. He will be there for a few months. The hardest part is not being able to talk with him, and not knowing how he is doing right now. I told him Monday, that I love him, and I'm praying for him, and I know that he can do this. He kept thanking me for finding out about this place with all the help from all of you, because he said he did not know where to turn anymore. I kept telling him, not to thank me, but thank the Good, Loving, Lord and thank his own self for making the ultimate decision to make the phone call, and for not giving up after hitting so many dead ends. He took the first step, and I admire him for that. We were extremely close growing up, and he talked a lot about us in past years, and said that I never gave up on him, and I told him I never will. He has a long road ahead of him, and he may stand or fall, but he has made the first attempt, and I respect him for doing so. God, I miss talking to him though. Thanks again for all the helpful information from everyone.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know he is moving forward....
Prayers for both of you going out
Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for sharing that muppet - prayers to you and yr brother, and family

D
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is wonderful. I do remember reading your thread not too long ago, and this is a great follow up to that. That's really good that you've helped your brother out and not just turned your back on him like some people do with a loved one who develops an addiction. He is very lucky to have someone that cares for him. Good news to hear.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good news! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It will be difficult not talking with him for awhile, but I understand why I can't. It's for the best. Thanks again.