Notices

relapse

Old 08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapse

I'm feeling quite ashamed right now i went to see an old friend and smoked some marijuana and did a few vicodin i told myself i was going to stay completly sober i didnt drink but i feel like i just went on a bender im just going to try and sleep and start again tomarrow.....im starting to think these friends of mine arnt my friends at all....
Old 08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Get some sleep, Glad... and you might be right.

Friends who give stuff to friends they know are trying to stay sober....aren't.

WHen you wake up - c'mon back on!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All you can do is start fresh tomorrow and use this experience as a lesson learned. Take away the positives: you are on here talking about it, you didn't drink, you didn't turn it into a multiple day thing. Don't get me wrong, you F'd up, but nothing you can do to change that now. I am not one to say this person isn't a "real" friend. I am not sure if they were purposely being malicious as much as they are just sick, like me and you. However, you can't worry about that. And if it means cutting them off because they are a detriment to your sobriety, then you have to do that. You need to set priorities, draw a line. Thanks for sharing on here.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We all mess up bud. I did myself 10 days ago....coming back here and admitting it is a huge step in the right direction though so your on the right path!

Steve
Old 08-10-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get up, dust off and start the journey over. Don't look back, just keep looking forward. You'll be alright....tomorrow is a new day.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have a good sleep. Do you remember the point when the first joint was passed & what was your thought pattern? Do your friends know that you are trying to clean up?

Good thing you didn't drink & that you were able to come here & admit your slip, that is tough to do so good on you for that ;-)

Take care of yourself & get back to your sobriety tomorrow

All of the best

NB
Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've got to say, the friends I've made in sobriety have been a God send. Out of all my old friends, there is only one that truly understands and supports my decision.

So tomorrow is another day, glad you're ready to dust yourself off and start new.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

You indentified what you chose to do & the result of that decision.
What are you now ready to do differently to stay clean each day?

btw-Out of respect to others....this is the Alcoholism thread.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

@wolfchild if uve read any of my other posts ud know im an alcholic and only sober a week (now less then a few hours) i could have drank with this friend of mine but instead i went all out with anything i could that isnt alcohol, that imo isnt a good thing at all....i just wanted to share it with other people struggling with alcohol because im sure theyve been tempted by other mood altering substences to help their struggle with the drink.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lots of good wishes and support for you here!

So get rid of your wanker friends who aren't really your friends and never have been and make some new proper friends in the rooms of AA or NA. Work the steps, get a sponsor...problem solved:-)
Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hy man, thanks for sharing! I am an alcoholic but I would consider the consumption of any mind-altering drug to be my alcoholism working in disguise and thus back to day1;

Because if I take a drug then I have lost my sobriety. For me personally I do not have to really worry about taking a drug as without the booze in my system then drugs just don't have the amount of pull over me that would make me take them in a sober mindset.

Dust yourself down and at least you didn't drink.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

glad have you come clean with your friends about you quitting? I know my real friends would never have dreamed about doing a number around me when I was in early sobriety and darn sure would not have drank around me, then of course there were my drinking buddies, they dissappeared once they found out I wasn't going to drink with them any more.

Did your friend know you had quit?

So what exactly are you doing to stay sober?

What are you going to do new to stay sober?

It took me a lot of years to figure out that my way of white knuckle sobriety did not work.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I told them ive quit drinking taking the other drugs was pretty much my idea for some reason i just couldnt say no i plan on distancing myself from the people i know are heavy drug users

thank you everyone for your support i must say this forum is a godsend!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by glad1242 View Post
I told them ive quit drinking taking the other drugs was pretty much my idea for some reason i just couldnt say no i plan on distancing myself from the people i know are heavy drug users

thank you everyone for your support i must say this forum is a godsend!
Sticking with that decision sounds like a good idea.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been clean and sober 16 months.
Just for me, I can't be around drinking yet. Maybe never. I just get too many cravings. And it isn't fun to watch now I'm not joining in. I'm going to do anything it takes to stay clean. If that means I have to give hanging with some people for the time being, so be it. Going to NA made it easier to maek some new clean friends who support me in my decision to not drink/use.

Love,
KJ
Old 08-11-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

Hey friend, It sounds like you know exactly what you are going to have to do.

Am I right.