Notices

'Busy'

Old 09-02-2003, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Busy'

Just wondering how you are doing today. I'm sending hugs and prayers and good thoughts your way.

Love, Anna
Old 09-03-2003, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Hi Anna, thanks for checking in.About the best news i have this morning is that i do go to the counsellor today, i liked having someone to talk about this crap.Anyways won't talk long, ended up in the wrong place last nite and hung over as hell.

Tracey
Old 09-03-2003, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi...

I am new to this, but I sure could use some words of support today. I had put 13 days together (on vacation) but as soon as I went back to work yesterday the old habits returned and I found myself in a bar last night with the predictable result of waking up at 1:30 AM with a knot of anxiety in my stomach. I hope I will do better today-one day without drinking in my home environment would be a major step. Any thoughts are wellcome.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gianna

Breaking old habits is a big part of staying sober. I find many of us alcoholics tend to be somewhat obsessive and so it's hard to change a routine. I think the good thing is, that when you do, it really works. I changed my after-dinner routine and began having long, lovely bubblebaths and before long, that became something I really looked forward to.

Don't be hard on yourself. You've done great going for two weeks with no drinking and now you know you can do it. I'm sending wishes, prayers and hugs to you.

Love, Anna
Old 09-03-2003, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Anna, I'm doing good here, hope you are well.

Coming in here I tell you is the best place to be, reading and reading so much here, it sure gets me thinking the hardest I ever have about cleaning up my act once and for all....smile.

Keep smiling Anna

Luv and hugs......Just Me.....Denise
Old 09-03-2003, 04:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Busy'

Glad to hear you're alright Busy. I'm sure you'll feel better after you talk with your counsellor. I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes to you for a good day today.

Hugs, Anna
Old 09-03-2003, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gianna guess what, you've come to the most wonderful place here, I'm new here myself. Do what I have been here, read what others say, it sure helps. I've been so blessed with people reaching out to me, their words I tell you feel so so good.

You are on the right track there, you can do this, start changing your routine a tiny bit. Hey instead of going to the bar, go for a walk, that's a good start for change, and guess what it don't cost a cent, and it doesn't hurt.....oh wait it might hurt those muscles that haven't been used in some time, haha I was thinking about myself on that. But walking hey good way to clear your head.

You can do this gianna, I keep thinking it's time we showed this stupid addiction who the boss is.

Luv and hugs.......Just Me.....Denise
Old 09-03-2003, 04:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Smile Hi Justme2

So very glad you stopped in here today. You know you're on the right track by doing a lot of reading and thinking. Your mind is absorbing what you need to know in order to become and stay sober.

I think you are so right about changing routines. That's what really worked for me. That, and taking small steps.

My wish for you is a great day full of positive thoughts and love and support from your friends here!!

Hugs, Anna
Old 09-03-2003, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well i made it through today and got the counsellor.It was good talking to him,he wants me to consider a 4 week residencial program but that would mean trying explain where i'll be to my family and friends and that scares me.Anyways i told him that i have 2 weeks off after this week and i'm going to hit as many meetings as i can and get some more numbers and really try to work the program.It seems so hard to ask for help but my choices are running out and i feel preety much at the end of my rope.
Thanks for everything
Tracey
Old 09-03-2003, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Busy'

That sounds good Busy. I know how terrifying the thought of telling family and friends the truth really is. To this day, I have said as little as possible to family/friends, in fact, almost nothing. Even after three years, the guilt and shame are always looking for ways into my thoughts. Early on, I think guilt and shame were the only emotions I felt.

You are on the right path Tracey, going in the right direction. Just keep taking small steps and feel my positive thoughts and prayers going with you. You aren't alone, girl.

Hugs and love, Anna
Old 09-04-2003, 04:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi...

Thanks for replying to my post; I made it through yesterday, and with this wonderful resource I have great hope. I love the directness, and the feeling of community. A little about my situation: I have been in AA for many years, had put together 13 of them, divorced, moved to New York and never reconnected in the same way. Of course after 2 years I took a glass of champagne, and well, you know. That will be 4 years ago this Thanksgiving. Since then, I have mostly not been drinking, and going to AA, but I have missed the closeness of the "meeting after the meeting" as it were. This is it! This site is a big answer for me.

You are right about changing routines, Denise and Anna, thanks for reminding me.

Gianna Day 2....in my home environment.