Notices

Thankful

Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful

I'm visiting my inlaws while my husband is out of town for work, and this is the second visit I've had here since I've decided to quit drinking. It's amazing how big the difference is. When I got here today, I was able to visit my mom, visit a friend, run a few errands, enjoy iced coffee, made lunch plans for tomorrow, went running, showered and now I'm letting my little girl wind down before I put her to bed. When I was drinking, I would have drank as soon as I got here, gone to my mother's to pound down a few shots, come back, drink more wine and chain smoke on the back patio until who knows when. (My mom knows I'm in the program now, and is supportive, though I did see her sneaking shots...didn't say anything to her . That's a different matter all together.

So, point of my long ramble is, I'm thankful for being sober today. Just wanted to share that with y'all.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

great post. It's amazing when we can notice just how much work and effort we did drinking to try and relax.
The tough part is getting past the physical pain once we stop drinking. Once that horrible stage passes, and it moves to the physical urge, that's still difficult, but not as overwhelming. And once it then moves to the temptation stage, we know we're over the tough part.
(By the way, your dog-picture is an accurate picture of true anxiety. :-) ).
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

It is amazing how different traveling while sober is, isn't it. Good for you!

You know, you are being an excellent role model for not only your daughter, but your mom. That, is Sweet.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.