Notices

Looking for a saviour..none seen :(

Old 07-22-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober member

Looking for a saviour..none seen :(

well,agin,here i am,almost at the point of suffering from illness.But i just cant keep my dirty hands off the beer can!

sick of me? i dont care!
sick with me? still dont care!
sick of being sick? i guess i do care but to a small degree

Im falling,and Im falling fast,much faster than I had imagined,things went from bad to disgusting in a years time.

Kinda just living numb at the moment,hopeless but living,not even functioning alc0ohlic no more,fell off that one last august.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
You've heard that definition of insanity, right Patrick? Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. You don't expect things to get better if you continue drinking, do you?

So how about trying something different? It starts with abstinence from alcohol. Then, a program and plan for your recovery. Bring the body, the mind will follow.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was doing pretty well at staying sober until just recently. I am now desperate enough for sobriety to give AA another shot, more committed this time. I am afraid if I 'fall off the wagon' another time, I will never make it back to sobriety. So I'm giving AA my all, cause I'm desperate. When you're desperate enough, you'll try something different. I hope something horrible doesn't happen before then.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Come on Patrick! I agree with Astro & Least....WHATEVER it takes man, before it's too late. Keep posting, ok? Lots of people care about you here. Jomey
Old 07-22-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Patrick.....you already know ...we've shared with you
year after year....all sorts of ideas/programs/experiences.

I so hope this will be your time to
go to your doctor...de tox....and try a treatment facility

Blessings to you and your family
Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Patrick, you're gonna do whatever you decide to do. Drink or don't drink, it's your choice. If you've got a little free time read through this thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tion-bret.html and watch Bret's intervention, there's a link to it in post #10. I watched that video and realized that my life could've turned out like that. Please don't let this be your story.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When you want it bad enough, you'll get it. I have faith in you.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Astro & Least - I admire your strength.

Keep pressing onward.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Patrick

noones gonna knock on your door with a way out man - I'm down with my homie Jomey on this - do WHATEVER it takes...before it's too late.

People die from this - everyday.
And I can guarantee every one of them at one time thought 'I'm not that bad - I'll be ok'.

It's not a scare tactic - it's fact.
I hope you do something, P.

D
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident grateful guy!

Originally Posted by Homer38 View Post
well,agin,here i am,almost at the point of suffering from illness.But i just cant keep my dirty hands off the beer can!

sick of me? i dont care!
sick with me? still dont care!
sick of being sick? i guess i do care but to a small degree

Im falling,and Im falling fast,much faster than I had imagined,things went from bad to disgusting in a years time.

Kinda just living numb at the moment,hopeless but living,not even functioning alc0ohlic no more,fell off that one last august.
The progression of this disease can be scary! Keep trying, make calls, make meetings. I no it sounds cliche, but it works if you want it to. Nobody can do it for you. You have to want it. I hope you are nearing your bottom. For some of us the bottom ends up being death. :praying
Old 07-22-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Patrick, Patrick, Patrick.

It has really been looking for some time now, that you are one like me. You are going to take this disease to the MAX. I hope and pray that you get a 2nd CHANCE like I did, as not all do.

You are not 'weak.' King Alcohol has his hold over you and has made you his slave. Again, I continue to pray that you will get 'sick and tired of being sick and tired' before it is too late.

I, never believed that day would come .................................... it did:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-my-story.html

May you find that day for you ..........................................

Love and hugs,
Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

patrick,

I once gave you my friend's number. he is in E Haven, and I will give it to you again if you want it. He will help you with the AA program of recovery if you want it.
PM me.

Miss C
Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

"I sent you a weather report, a boat and a helicopter. What else do you want from me??!" ~God
Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

If you are looking for a savior, your looking in the wrong place. You'll never find one in a bottle. Get it together and do the right thing. You know what you've gotta do, now do it before you lose everything. You know you are barely hanging on....it is up to you if you slip further, slip away for good or get well. The choice is up to you. Make it happen.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober member

thanks,i actually forgot i posted this

im a very angry man on the inside but keep 'him' hidden most of the time.im hating the world lately,and especially those who talking chit about me and my love to drink,id love to air out their dirty laundry but so far have resisted!
know the feeling?
Old 07-25-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Yeah, I know the feeling. We all have our issues. Ours is drinking. My drinking created many problems in my life. It was no surprise that those who loved my tried to persuade me from drinking or pointed out how I was destroying myself with alcohol. You can understand that, can't you? It doesn't mean others are without fault, but it is easy to point out to an alcoholic what the problem is. We create our problems by our own hand. Truly, if you were not to drink, you would certainly have one less problem in your life, probably many more would fall away.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Patrick,
Of all the stories here, for some reason it is yours that tears my heart out. I was very much like you...not so long ago. It took losing everything for me to actually stop..I lost my job, my Husband, my Son (whom I haven't seen in 16 years), the respect of my family and friends and my home. I got to the point that I didn't care either...but for some reason, I kept waking up everyday....in really bad shape, but I woke up. I guess, when I actually gave up (surrendered) it was more because I thought, "If I am not going to die soon, I might as well try to live" I took my sorry butt to the Health Department for a referral to treatment ( I had no insurance or job) and went to an inpatient facility in Detroit for 90 days.....I stayed much longer, but it seemed to stick. Patrick...are you so tired..I mean SOOO tired of living this way, that you are willing to take a chance and get better yet? I hope the answer is yes, no one can help an Alcoholic who doesn't want to get better...but know this.....I think of you often, and I am praying that you can get a grip on this disease, before I have to say goodbye to another friend who has become a victim of this disease...

Cathy
Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober member

i know life,MY life,is easier when im not drinking for a time of longer than a week.Usually takes at least a week to 'start' becoming alert but always choose to keep fekkin up things by drinking.im a joke here,i know,but really dont care,think what ya want of me,your a click away,not thats a bad thing.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober member

thanks cathy,but,i guess an honest answer is best for your question,nope,im NOT ready.

i am,but,not,if that makes any sense at all.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

You are not a joke to me, it took me more tries than I can count to get any consecutive time together, PLEASE, do NOT stop trying, and yes, your answer make sense to me.