Notices

I just can't quit - scared

Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rocket, you've been through a terrible time and must be a really strong person to be able to stick it out like that. I'm glad that you were able to get to detox and, by the sound of it, the worst bit is over.

You're right, Dee, about having a good bulk-billing system here. I don't really think that I need a doctor though, as I had only been drinking to ridiculous levels every night for about a month or so (following a financial crisis which I found incredibly stressful). For some reason, I have been able to cut down to 2 std drinks a night now, and am actually feeling better already. I feel so lucky, even a little guilty, to be having such an easy time of it compared to what a lot of people have to go through!

The biggest problem that I'm having right now is feeling tired all day, as well as being a little antsy in the evenings. I crave that quick "pick me up" couple of drinks that I used to have before all the dramas of dinnertime, bed etc, and getting through the evening is more of a chore than it used to be. I guess this will pass.

I'm just trying to take it a little easier at night for the time being and to make easier dinners. Going to bed earlier is helping too - although you'd think I'd be full of energy with the extra sleep that I'm getting...

Thanks for all your replies; it's really helped alot!

OWD
Old 07-24-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

owd......welcome to sr..you are amongst friends.

i dont have any experience with tapering off...

but i did want to tell you that life can be good without booze.

it isnt easy however you detox.....i was spoilt here in the uk and had mostly hospital help.

hopefully your keep coming back and sharing your experience.

i look foward to it.........
Old 07-24-2009, 10:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I quit cold turkey for a while. and I was a heavy, heavy drinker. didnt know it could kill me at the time...

But listen, you obviously have the heart to quit, you are here posting among the rest of us, sharing your pains and concerns. Right there my friend, that takes bravery and at least some sort of an acknowledgment that you want to quit.

Stick around here, see how you like it. This is a good place for encouragement, but this may not be all the encouragement that you need.

If you ever need to talk, shoot the sh**, or just meet brand spankin new friend.... PM me. Id love to get to know you
Old 07-25-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks again. I had 4 std drinks last night as going down to 2 seemed a bit bumpy. I have been feeling extremely tired and was feeling a bit nauseous as I approached starting time last night...

I have a supply of 3.1 std drinks at home for tonight.

The biggest hurdle seems to lie in giving up those last few, but I keep reading the posts on SR, and this is giving me the incentive to keep moving forward.

How are you doing, Rocket?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Rocket8ight....Welcome ...