Notices

Pets

Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss. And, I understand how your wife feels, at this time. Losing a pet is so heart-breaking, that it's easy to react by saying you will not go through that again. Hopefully, in time you will both welcome another pet.

My 'boys' are in my avatar and they mean so much to me. If it had not been for the unconditional love of their predecessor, Kimmy, I doubt that I would be here today.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I have an 11 month old puppy and am so attached to him. He sleeps with me every night, follows me around the house wherever I go, cries when I leave him, jumps for joy when I come home and knows a million words. Dogs are amazing. Well, he's my fourth child (I have 3 human children). You can never replace him, but hopefully another friend like that will come your way.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
catch-22

I have 3 siamese cats and a puppy, called Otto. He's great and I love him to bits!

My siamese "Dobby" (yes, named after the elf in Harry Potter!) went AWOL the other day and made me relapse! I thought I would never see him again, but he came back... I'm off the booze again, now...

I lost 4 cats in the last 5 years, all siamese. The first two died of old age, but "Kitty" got lost and never came back and "Kasper" got run-over about one year ago... sooooo sad...
Old 07-16-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have two small dogs, both poodle/something mixes. One is a darling, loving, well-behaved rescue pooch. The other (the one in my avatar) is a highly intelligent, willful, bossy brat of a designer dog. Naturally, I adore them both.

I hope you get another dog, Waterman.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss Waterman. I too know how painful it is to lose a beloved furbaby. I had my Schnauzer, TAsha, for 11 years, she was everything to me as I lived alone the whole time she was my best friend and often my only friend. She started to get sick in in Feb 2007 but they didn't know what was wrong with her, she went from 18 pounds down to 12 and they kept giving her steroid treatments, I could not afford exploratory surgery and they said she might not survive it anyhow. I tried to end my life on 8/23/07 (I was drunk of course) and I layed unconscoius for around 36 hours and I know Tasha was by my side as she was locked in the bedroom with me, between God and Tasha I was awakened on 8/25/07 and called 911. I spent a week in the hospital and all I cared about was my furbaby, my daughter had taken her to be boarded. I picked Tasha up on 9/4/07 and she died 3 days later in my arms. The vet said it's likely that when she saw me being taken away by the paramedics that she gave up her struggle to live. She is one of the reasons that I will never drink again.
One of the things I did when Tasha died was I created a memorial for her at RainbowBridge dot com I think it was, and her picture is always with me.
I swore I would never get another pet but within 2 months I knew I needed one, I adopted my Pekingnese, Peaches from a rescue group and she has grown with me through my sobriety, adopting her was one of the first great decisions I've made sober,
Old 07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
So sorry for your loss Waterman. I too know how painful it is to lose a beloved furbaby. I had my Schnauzer, TAsha, for 11 years, she was everything to me as I lived alone the whole time she was my best friend and often my only friend. She started to get sick in in Feb 2007 but they didn't know what was wrong with her, she went from 18 pounds down to 12 and they kept giving her steroid treatments, I could not afford exploratory surgery and they said she might not survive it anyhow. I tried to end my life on 8/23/07 (I was drunk of course) and I layed unconscoius for around 36 hours and I know Tasha was by my side as she was locked in the bedroom with me, between God and Tasha I was awakened on 8/25/07 and called 911. I spent a week in the hospital and all I cared about was my furbaby, my daughter had taken her to be boarded. I picked Tasha up on 9/4/07 and she died 3 days later in my arms. The vet said it's likely that when she saw me being taken away by the paramedics that she gave up her struggle to live. She is one of the reasons that I will never drink again.
One of the things I did when Tasha died was I created a memorial for her at RainbowBridge dot com I think it was, and her picture is always with me.
I swore I would never get another pet but within 2 months I knew I needed one, I adopted my Pekingnese, Peaches from a rescue group and she has grown with me through my sobriety, adopting her was one of the first great decisions I've made sober,
Wow, seems like you've been through alot, and came out OK. Our dog "Buppy" was also 11 years old when he was diagnosed with cancer(in nasal passages). He lived for about 6 months, and then we had to have him put out of misery. Tha Rainbow Bridge thing is neat. We saw a rainbow the day after he died, and a double-one the day after that. Haven't seen one since........Rick
Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I love dogs and mine have seen me through so much. Now my priority is to give them everything. A Shepherd and a Shepherd/Lab. Even though i have a large yard and they get plenty of exercise, my bedroom is tiny and cozy and my queen-size bed takes up most of the room. All three of us get in bed with a good book and it is an absolute haven from this crazy world!