Notices

Sending inappropriate messages while drunk

Old 11-29-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by proudtobehere View Post
When I screwed up and get wasted I find myself (sometimes after waking up at 4am) checking my texts and posts to websites to see if I embarrassed myself. If I didn't I was relieved. If I did I was horrified and would avoid said forum for days
I know this feeling very well. When the embarrassment is a bit more public then it really really hurts. My last "incident" was in May this year. I feel it will take another couple of years for me to recover from that. It was devastating. Time is a great healer. Let's hope we never have to deal with those situations ever again.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:19 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My ex does this and it always makes me so sad for him. I have been with my husband for ten years and haven't even seen my ex in over 15 years. Still, when he really ties one on or gets coked out, he will send inappropriate pictures, texts and links and I have to block him. When sober, he is one of my closest friends and a really great person, but when he has fallen off the wagon, he has some sort of sex addiction that he can't seem to resist. I was always more of a isolated drinker myself. I tended to put on music and either dance or cry when I got drunk. The last thing I ever wanted to do drinking was talk to people who knew me as a reasonable sober person. I worked hard to cover up how bad my drinking was and I knew that drunk texting people would be a dead giveaway.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I used to do these types of messages too. Some I could barely remember and other were done in blackouts. They were either angry rants directed at some one I had a minor disagreement with when sober or borderline inappropriate ones sent to different women I knew. And like someone poster earlier, the borderline ones sometimes were reciprocated enough for me to continue doing it when I was drinking again. The angry rants would really catch people off guard because when I was sober they would see me as the calm, collected person who was able to be diplomatic and diffuse or de-escalate some brewing conflict. Then I would send an angry, invective and insulting message to people at 10pm a few days later and then have to apologize when I was sober for "letting my emotions get out of control" when I was in fact drunk off my ass.

This was one of the worst things of drinking for me. The Jekyll and Hyde interactions with people that i struggled to even comprehend myself. In my time getting sober Ive never had a situation like this. Im aware of what im doing and saying at all times and if I feel frustrated or stressed about things, I just share at my group or online or with a good friend.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

There’ll never be a perfect time to quit. Never. Today is the day to stop. It sounds out of control.