Notices

What was your most "stupid" or comical moment?

Old 07-11-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What was your most "stupid" or comical moment?

I'm sure that we all have done some pretty "noticable" or comical things while drinking, and I'm not trying to glorify any negative incidents, but I think this will be an interesting thread. One such incident comes to my mind, and I'm sure I will recall many more. A friend(who recently got killed in a Maryland truck wreck) and I went to party at a local college back 30 years ago. We "snuck" into the girl's dormitory(with their help). While in one of their rooms, I had to pee, so I asked one of the girls where the bathroom was, and she said "across the hall". Now, us guys were forbidden in there after hours, and the bathrooms had entrance doors for both sides of the dorm. So I go in there, and before I got started, a girl came in from the other side. She hollered, and my friend Harmon and I found ourselves being pursued by security. We made it up on the roof safely, and I was about to "bust" from drinking too much beer. I started peeing off the top of the big dorm building, and then heard a scream down below. It was around 1am, and I didn't think people were outside. I accidently peed on someone in the yard. Later on, we managed to get away from there without getting caught. Did create a "scene", though........:sorry
Old 07-11-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My most stupid moment was two days ago when i decided to 'treat' my overwhelming anxiety by drinking... even knowing how badly it would turn out. Now I'm going thru withdrawals and will have to go to the ER for help in detoxing. I can't believe I did it knowing how it would turn out. I must be pretty stupid as I've been down this road before and promised myself I'd never go thru this hell again... yet here I am. Nothing comical about it, just really stupid.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

One night around 2AM we saw that a girl's dorm had painter's scaffolding up on one side, and there was one window on the third floor with the light still on, which was a clear invitation to climb up and check it out.

We climbed up, the window was wide open, light on, a couple was having sex on the floor not 3 feet from us.

I asked, in a normal voice, "Don't you think you should close the window?"

They both jumped, she started screaming. We were laughing so hard we nearly fell off of the scaffolding.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

too many stupid/embarrasing things to even start thinking about..honestly i rather forget about them
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

Wink

Stupid... Nope, never did anything stupid.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Christmas Eve 2006. I was at the pub drinking with my non drinker friend & his girlfriend. He had a new 4 door car and was driving me home.

I was so drunk I thought it was a 2 door so I opened the front door, brought the seat forward, and then struggled in, climbing over the seat to get in the back. This is a tiny hatchback car and I'm 6'5" so it took me a while.

I didn't even realise the problem until my friend and his girlfriend started laughing at me.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
My most stupid moment was two days ago when i decided to 'treat' my overwhelming anxiety by drinking... even knowing how badly it would turn out. Now I'm going thru withdrawals and will have to go to the ER for help in detoxing. I can't believe I did it knowing how it would turn out. I must be pretty stupid as I've been down this road before and promised myself I'd never go thru this hell again... yet here I am. Nothing comical about it, just really stupid.

Least, I'm so sorry - I really feel for you. I suffer from anxiety too & it's hell! Sorry you had to go to the ER - I probably should have done that at first, but couldn't get myself out of bed, much less to go to the ER. I also have an endless supply of benzos which helped me a lot (but not enought to get me to stop drinking).

I hope you're doing better.

Hugs,

C
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Deciding to smoke an unlit cigarette on my back patio wearing nothing but a size 2T sweater(for those of you that don't know, those are generally meant for 2 year olds) and my underwear. No recollection of it what-so-ever. Luckily it was just my husband and I. SO glad I don't have to worry about that stuff now.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

Drinking
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Keep coming back!

Repeat

I was drinking with a buddy and his girlfriend. I was talking nonstop as usual. They finally got my attention and told me to watch the TV. They thought that I would really find it funny. It was Larry the Cable Guy in Blue Collar Tour.

I had never seen Larry the Cable Guy and I found it hilarious!

I asked them how they knew I would like it so much. They said I liked it the last three times they played it for me that night.

Oh yes, I am a blackout drinker!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

I can answer YES to all of these questions;

1. Have you ever poured your beer in the orange juice and your vodka on the cereal?

2. Have you ever thought about robbing a liquor store - for the liquor?

3. Have you ever gotten so drunk that you had to crawl up the stairs - feet first?

4. Have you ever watched TV with the sound turned all the way down and the power turned all the way off?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Was out at a bar drinking with guys from work. Blacked out at some point and ended up puking and passing out in my car. Woke up at about 3:30am to an empty parking lot. Realized I needed to get home immediately or my wife would kill me. (this was a common occurrence) Couldn't find my car keys so I ended up walking 15 miles to get home. It took me about 4 hours to walk home, and yes my wife was waiting for me when I walked in the door - not happy. I have a million stories like this.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I got lots of these, just tough to think of.

One was a German festival (Octoberfest knockoff). Went with a group of people, drank... at one point all but two of us went to the bathroom, leaving me and one buddy to occupy ourselves...

Which we did by harassing passing couples. Such as saying, "hey, nice ass!" and when they inevitably turn around, saying to the girl... "nono, not you, him!" Or... one of us using some cheesy pickup line on the girl with the guy standing there and when the guy looks over saying something like, "what the **** are you looking at, poindexter?"

It was hugely hilarious at the time.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Same friend that I got in trouble with at that college story....We went "bar-hopping" to a city about 60 miles away one night(this was 25 years ago). It was about 100am, and we had just left a bar. We were sitting at a stoplight on main st., in Harmon's '71 Oldsmobile--one of those BIG heavy cars. There was a black guy on a street corner, and for some reason, he threw a rock and it hit Harmon's car, right below my window. Harmon did a u-turn through the red light and was chasing this guy up the sidewalk! The guy slipped-up and fell down, as the front of the car actually went over him. There was a "no-parking" sign embedded in the sidewalk, and he fell right by the sign. That's the only thing that saved him. He scrambled up and took-off, with Harmon again in pursuit! We ended up in the "projects", and I finally convinced Harmon to "let it go"...Nobody got hurt or arrested......
Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I tore off a screen door and shattered a window trying to get into a house, wouldn't have remembered the episode if we hadn't woke up to find a mangled screen door, a bad cut on my hand, and a shattered window.
This reminds me of another one. I had a screen door at one of my former houses. The first week or so I lived there I got drunk and walked straight through the screen and ruined it. It took me about 6 months to get around to replacing it. The day I replaced it I got drunk and walked through it again!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Heathen

There was a lot of "fun and comical" things that happened when I got drunk.. when I think of them, I feel like I'm back to romanticizing the 'good ol days'. There were WAY more times that were not fun, or comical.. but horrendous.

I much prefer my fun sober stories.. no regrets!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
The guy slipped-up and fell down, as the front of the car actually went over him. There was a "no-parking" sign embedded in the sidewalk, and he fell right by the sign. That's the only thing that saved him.
OMG! If that sign wasn't there, you'd probably be just getting out of jail now. And you were just the passenger. That's the scariest thing about my drinking, is the times I remember when I almost died or destroyed lives in one single, swift moment.
My story is scary too. I was at a bar, and my friends were like "You're too drunk to drive. give me your keys." I vaguely remember saying 'noh im ok'. One guy i didn't know so well said "you're a jerk. if something happens, it's not on me." The next thing i remember i'm driving on some highway road 15 miles from my house. I snapped out of my blackout behind the wheel!

That isn't funny. Hundreds of other people have done that, and didn't have luck fall their way like i did. That story still scares me senseless.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

One night after my Wife went to bed I woke up and decided to get drunk and then go back to bed like nothing happened. I started drinking heavily and decided to go for a swim in my pool. While I was in the water I was bouyant and weightless so I didn't realize how drunk I was getting. When I got up to get out of the pool, gravity made me collapse and I lay there passed out for several hours not able to move with my legs folded under me. I was able to eventually crawl to make it back to bed but my knees were bleeding and the knee joints were messed up for months so I walked with terrible pain and limping. I still have the scars.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow, things done while under the influence..... like going to the store for more beer, in the snow ,,,, bare foot...... how stupid but how right it seemed at the time.... oh ya needed cigs too
Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

def. NOT a funny story because it caused me serious consequences...middle of the night, i was VERY drunk, and decided to walk to my husband's ex's appartment which was just up the street with a mayonaise jar of lighter fluid... i proceeded to throw it all over her car and light a match... apparently someone saw me, followed me home and called the cops on me. they came and i was in my garage, they pulled me out into the street, with bright lights shining on me to be "identified" ... i got arrested, all while my husband was inside sleeping,.... it went to court, and i was given a 90 day observasion sentence in the womens state correctional facilility... i totally did not fit in there,to say the least/ It was the worse experience of my life...you'de think it would have been enough of a "wake up call" but no, i continued to drink and have many more horrible "stories" continue on. THank God i am now sober and in a clear frame of mind, i never want to be so out of control again EVER Alcohol is such a terrible poison.