Notices

anxiety grandn central today

Old 07-07-2009, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jimbo

anxiety grandn central today

i really dont know what is wrong with me today both my arms feel like jumpy and nervy (best way i can describe it )

my stomach is like a washing machine and i feel dreadful i can not think of anything i have to worry about

what the hell is wrong with me .... i have been through so much and i'm at the best place in my mind i've been at in years ... dammit i was not expecting this ..is this norm when you have stopped drinking for a month

sorry about the whine guys :wtf2
Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baldjim View Post
i really dont know what is wrong with me today both my arms feel like jumpy and nervy (best way i can describe it )

my stomach is like a washing machine and i feel dreadful i can not think of anything i have to worry about

what the hell is wrong with me .... i have been through so much and i'm at the best place in my mind i've been at in years ... dammit i was not expecting this ..is this norm when you have stopped drinking for a month

sorry about the whine guys :wtf2
jimbo, free floating anxiety? Generalized anxiety disorder? I wouldn't get too concerned over physical symptoms, unless things get more strange. For me, I didn't have panic disorder until I'd been off the drink for six months. That is when it surfaced. Lenina suggested breathing exercises to me earlier. Could this help? Having said this, if you don't feel normal after a while you might want to go to urgent care.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jimbo

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
jimbo, free floating anxiety? Generalized anxiety disorder? I wouldn't get too concerned over physical symptoms, unless things get more strange. For me, I didn't have panic disorder until I'd been off the drink for six months. That is when it surfaced. Lenina suggested breathing exercises to me earlier. Could this help? Having said this, if you don't feel normal after a while you might want to go to urgent care.
thanks katie .i have fibromyralgia and i'm in a lot of pain today which i can normally block out ,maybe that has caused it ,i'm going to take the dogs for a long slow walk maybe that will sort out my head ,thanks for the reply
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It could also be PAWS: Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. It takes your brain a while to get back to functioning normally and anxiety is common in early sobriety. Do speak to your doctor about it tho.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jimbo

Originally Posted by least View Post
It could also be PAWS: Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. It takes your brain a while to get back to functioning normally and anxiety is common in early sobriety. Do speak to your doctor about it tho.
men o paws

sorry on another day i would of found myself funny there
Old 07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
where the light is

What really helps me deal with anxiety is the wisdom of "this too shall pass." Yesterday was kind of rough...some very upsetting news. But I'm fine today. Actually I feel great!

I keep a journal and what really jumps out is that anything that is causing serious stress always passes in time. No need to worry about it & certainly no need to drink over it. A bad day is a bad day...we all have them.

The other thing that helps is the wisdom of the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jimbo

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
What really helps me deal with anxiety is the wisdom of "this too shall pass." Yesterday was kind of rough...some very upsetting news. But I'm fine today. Actually I feel great!

I keep a journal and what really jumps out is that anything that is causing serious stress always passes in time. No need to worry about it & certainly no need to drink over it. A bad day is a bad day...we all have them.

The other thing that helps is the wisdom of the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
i shall start a diary good idea

i guess i thought i had done the hard work not drinking i guess my journey has just began
Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I used to be an Anxiety nut! Try abdominal breathing, works wonders for me when I feel anxious. And once you master the technique you can even use it when you feel normal to really relax.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mate, I had that as well around the first month, I used to just lay down and practice my breathing, worked for me. That and exercise
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Perhaps you need to see a doc.]]]tiburon
Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jimbo

strange but i'm glad to say i woke up this morning and although i'm really tired not a trace of anxiety today

thank goodness

i wonder what caused that then????
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jimbo

i think i know why i have fallen down

a good friend who lives 100 yards from us lost her sister on sunday

i know only to well what it is like to lose a loved one and be cut off from the world,as just when you need it most people dont know what to say or worry they are intruding so say nothing and aviod you like you have a plague it really hurts,i have been checking they are ok ,its not that long ago my own younger brother died in a house fire ,it has brought a lot of pain back to me,without the booze to numb things its hit home hard,i'm just about to go see if they are ok ,and bingo the anxiety has come back ,i'll just have to get through it leaving them to grieve alone is not an option for me but just knowing why i feel this has helped a lot
Old 07-08-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You're not alone, Jim. I have bad days and a "fair" day, every once in a while.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jimbo

Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
You're not alone, Jim. I have bad days and a "fair" day, every once in a while.

strange ,i just cant understand what goes on in my head i have a beautiful partner ,two lovely dogs,great kids i'm on the mend ,stopped drinking

then my brain lets me down :wtf2

and i know not why
Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jimbo

44 days sober and the anxiety is going i'm still pizzed off in general but not as bad as i was,all in all things are getting better ... hang on in there what have you got to lose ...liver failure,heart attacks ,kidney failure and loads more bad stuff its a win win situation

REHAB ITS FOR QUITERS