# 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi gianna

and Welcome To SR!!

Congratulations on your 24!!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your encouragement. How do you do all those hopping faces? I am such a neophyte at this...

Gianna going into day 2
Old 09-04-2003, 04:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Gianna! That's just terrific.

Keep hanging around here and let us know how it's going. We're all here to offer support and understanding for you.

Good luck!

Love, Anna
Old 09-04-2003, 05:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna. See you later. Love the horse!

Gianna
Old 09-04-2003, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi gianna, congradulations on the 24 and good luck on the next one. The people on these boards can help a lot.
Chy & Don, guess it's time to just plain and simple take another run at it. Last week I started on Friday morning, so, this week again. Much better prepared this time. There may be some long posts coming here.
Take care
Wiebe
Old 09-04-2003, 08:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Smile Wiebe

Sending you positive thoughts, good wishes, prayers and hugs for tomorrow morning and what that will bring. Your perseverance is inspiring Wiebe. I'll be looking forward to those long posts!

Love, Anna
Old 09-04-2003, 08:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

WOW - this is great, sharing recovery.

Can I just say one thing. We ALL have something to give, even with only 1 hour sober. Don't even think you are 'not sober enough'. Reading this thread has helped this drunk/addict more than you know.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!! just one hour at a time.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Chy

:clap Gianna, congrats and welcome! So glad you have decided to join us. This is a great thing as scary as it may be your doing Gianna. Know we're here 24/7 and always here to help guide your from our own experiance. Utlmatly, the decision will be yours to do what you will and I hope you choose sobriety. Life does exist and can be so rewarding sober. Took me over 20 years to figure that out.
Glad you've joine our little community!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Smile Hello Gianna

When you post...look to the left and see the box Smilies.

To see the complete list click on Get More.

Then put your mouse over the one you choose...click. It will show up in your post.

Use the Preveiw vutton at the bottom to check before you Submit Reply.

Hope your day is going well...You Can Do This!!

:council: we are here to help you.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Thanks for the support, and thanks for the tips on how to use this site, Carol. Day 2 for me, and as usual, when I am not drinking I can't imagine why I ever do. However, I know from long experience that the opposite is also true: that when I have had anything to drink, another being takes over and I become Mr. Hyde instead of Dr. Jekyl.

I am so glad I have found this resource.

Gianna
Old 09-05-2003, 06:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Chy

Weibe, hoping you've hit 24! Whoo hooo!

Gianna, you to huh? I thought it was a Gemini thing
Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

First time I've checked this thread in a little while. Nice to meet you, gianna!

Weibe and gianna...... how ya doin?

I'm pulling for both of you!
Old 09-05-2003, 07:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, we'd sure love to hear from Wiebe and gianna. I hope you both have time to stop by the board and let us know how you're doing.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Anna
Old 09-06-2003, 04:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Anna, Chy, Moot Point, Carol, Weibe and all my other new friends. Day 4! for me, thanks to all of you. An incredibly productive happy week, reminding me of how wonderful life is sober, even in the face of difficulties. I am at my boyfriend's house waiting for him to wake up (I am a sunrise person, not always for the happy reasons that I have today). And there he is...

Later everyone,
Gianna
Old 09-06-2003, 07:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

51 anna, hi, do I have time to check in on the boards? Me and my fridge full of junkfood have nothing but, and I do a few times a day. gianna, congrads on day 4, I'm on day 2. Through the confusion of the time zones I thought you were on day 5 today, but if you posted the morning of Sept. 6 then you are 2 sober days ahead of me. Sounds like you're doing well.
The first sober night was just like the first one last week. A feeling like bugs were crawling all over me and those weird and scary spasms everytime I almost dropped into sleep.. I've often seen references to the DEMON on the boards, and last night I was thinking it actually seems a bit like an excorcism. Like resistance from the host (me) , support from the people around me, and you people half a world away praying, and ploop, out it goes, but unwillingly. Okay, that may be a bit to metaphysical, but you get weird impressions on a sleepless first sober night.
The physical discomfort is negligable, and this is only the second day, but then this is also the 4rth sober day in the last 9, with 5 days of moderate drinking in the middle. Today was also the third trip to the store without bringing back any beer. I wasn't tempted to get a ton of the stuff, but it sure was tempting to throw a few cans in the basket. I've decided about situations like that that if I throw a few in there then why not be honest and grab a whole tray of 24? Just a few cans would lead me back to the store anyway, so why kid myself? Tons of past experience with this.
Thanks to all of you for posting,
Wiebe
Old 09-06-2003, 07:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi again,

I brought up the boyfriend only because he has been in my life about 9 months now, and I mistakenly thought I should be able to drink with him. He does not live in New York, but we see each other every weekend, the downfall being that midweek when depression sets in has been when I have done my alcoholic drinking, which of course led to deeper depression, which of course led to "hair of the dog" and so on. Well, you all know that stuff.

Anyway, about 3 weeks ago (before the vacation we took) I finally had the courage to discuss my drinking with him (he is not one of us) and in that way that ordinary people have, he of course said that it was fine with him if I didn't drink. In fact he couldn't believe I ever thought it would be a problem. (it truly is only the alcoholic who makes much of someone who doesn't drink) Our vacation was my first sober time with him, and the best. As I had said before, last Tuesday was my first day back at work, and that night, I had the three glasses of wine that miraculouly ended in the 1 AM anxiety attack when I found this site. So hence this is now day 4...

And it is wonderful to check in here!

Gianna
Old 09-06-2003, 09:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi gianna, quetion. A place like NY must have tons of AA activity. Have you looked into going to various meetings in your area on the weekdays? Sort of meeting hopping? Also you're lucky your boyfriend can stay away from alcohol when you're together, it makes the fight a lot easier, and then all you have to worry about is the weekdays. Well, you've made day 4 and the weekend is here.
Congradulations,
Wiebe

Last edited by wiebe; 09-06-2003 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Congrats on the day 4 for gianna and the day 2 for wiebe!

Old 09-06-2003, 02:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Chy

:council:Glad your on day 2 Weibe! So glad! Get back to taking those vitamins, try stretching at night for those muscle spasms, works great! I am proud of you I know how hard this is for you!
Old 09-06-2003, 02:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Chy

So glad for you gianna! It's awesome your doing so much to realize and accept your little problem! Keep up the good work!